Nightmare Customers

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeD

Private Member
One hasn't paid me for work completed...looks like it will go to small claims.

Went to do a quote the other day, and the guy was trying to tell me how to do my job w**ker

Current customers grumpy as f**k don't trust me, have been asking me when its going to be finished every 5 minutes from day 1. When I told them at the beginning estimated week to complete

I find alot of customers have attitudes now a days thinking there doing you a favour by giving you the work etc. . hate it at the minute

Just let it go over your head mate,just think about takin their money at the end.then pebble dashing the doorstep after a curry 2weeks later.:RpS_bored:

all my work is domestic and from my own experiences and talking to other trades people are getting more demanding,nastier,and terrible attitude in the way they talk to anybody who is self employed ,almost as if they think they are better than us,fourtanetly they are in a minority but they are getting worse,personally i think they are apprehensive and scared about losing there own jobs and all the fears/worries etc that will bring , there own workplace is getting more difficult and i do think to a certain extent they are jealous of us because we are our own bosses,but they do not see the full picture,at time of writing i know of a plumber who has been paid 1,000 quid for a job but is still owed 5,000 quid, and has been told that is it, it is terrible but unfourtanetly as this recession bites in these stories and the bad attitudes these people have will get worse all over the country. absoloute nightmare these people.

didn't you know all tradesmen are money grabbing rogue traders , who would con old ladies out of their life savings

littlewood.jpg Give that bell end a ring ask him to do a show cowboy customers

it is an art to make sure you collect your money as soon as the work is completed. nobody owes me anything, the job that i am working on will complete on monday and the customer hass already told me he is going to the bank to get cash on monday.
the customers must be kept happy at all times, the workman ship must be first class with no mess.

That's how I try too think as well,don't give them any excuse too complain.bigger jobs you should take a stage payment anyway to prevent getting stung.yeah get Dom on the case!

That's how I try too think as well,don't give them any excuse too complain.bigger jobs you should take a stage payment anyway to prevent getting stung.yeah get Dom on the case!
jobs up to £5000 i stand, above that i collect a % deposit on the day i start.
most builders i would not touch with a barge pole. the only ones we do work for we have done there work for several years and they are honest firms that are always up to date with their payments.

It can a bit too easy too slip into trusting people to much.fair enough if you have known people for years,I don't think I would go as far as 5k but maybe half that before pushing a bit for a payment.yes some clients can be funny fu@@ers sometimes but 95% are fine.

Jackom that cracked me up your right he should do one on the customers it always one sided these tv shows , we never get to hear about the customers who don't pay , drag things out , moan about silly things , from my experience when you go quoting jobs and giving your expert opinion they still think they know best , i let 1 customer once try and lay a bit and it went straight on the dustsheets he soon gave me more respect lol, and most of the time the first thing they say is we're on a budget to trying to save cash, customers at the moment think they are doing you a favour by giving you the work , that you should be really grateful.they should be grateful i'm doing the job and doing it correct with a nice finish and tidy job

I dont ring the council tax ppl and say i'm on a budget can you do it a lot cheaper, end of the day times are hard and i noticed customers are getting more on you , i had some bloke just watch me the whole day how annoying is that , i wouldn't mind if i was in his lounge i was in 1 of the empty bedrooms , he pulled up his chair and sat in the room with me he just sat there ,the only time he pi**ed off when i said do us a cuppa as saves me nipping to the shops which was 20 mins away lol so i had about 8 cups and pi**ing like a race horse .
I wanna go to where the customers work and sit at their desk watching them work for the day that'll pi** em off

I done a rendering job for a customer, only around a porch and front of a garage so wasnt a massive job but was still a 700 quida! B**tards never paid so i went round one mornin, waited for them to leave for work and out come the chissels!!!!!! Took me some time to hack it all back off but god did it feel good!!!!!

Was reboarding an skimming two bedroom cielings with a mate through insurance firm for a pakky he was same hanging around!!job was meant to be after a "flood"but firm could find no evidence of flood but cos firm wanted work they done it.anyway pakky up in loft shouting for us,my mate went up.bloke was JUMPING on plasterboard between beams shouting ""leeewk no streeeengt no strengt!!!.wish we hadnt double boarded it cant would ave broke his neck!!!!lol

i had some bloke just watch me the whole day how annoying is that , i wouldn't mind if i was in his lounge i was in 1 of the empty bedrooms , he pulled up his chair and sat in the room with me he just sat there

Stroking it!

had one a few weeks back. skimming upstairs and stairwell of a house. dirty s**t hole of a place. brown fridge, sanitary towel wrappers in the bath......

anyway, they said help yourself to tea. i made a couple of cups during the day. next day she storms upstairs and says we need a word downstairs. she then literally starts shouting at me because i had left a hand print on the sugar pot. it was one of those moments where you either go for it, dont get paid, make her cry but feel good about it, or just look open mouthed not quite believing what is happening.

had one a few weeks back. skimming upstairs and stairwell of a house. dirty s**t hole of a place. brown fridge, sanitary towel wrappers in the bath......

anyway, they said help yourself to tea. i made a couple of cups during the day. next day she storms upstairs and says we need a word downstairs. she then literally starts shouting at me because i had left a hand print on the sugar pot. it was one of those moments where you either go for it, dont get paid, make her cry but feel good about it, or just look open mouthed not quite believing what is happening.
whicj 1 did u choose ?

LOL...........Has anyone ever offended the customer by drinking out of 'their' cup?

I've had that a couple of times "THAT'S MY ​CUP!!!!"

Once took down a cieling in a kitchin for company.hot day!taped round dors to stop dust sheeted the lot.took down cieling cleared every ******* thing out sweating no air.had a glsss of water rinced cup out an put on drainer.done his nut reported me to firm!but first s**t in his toilet buy luck was smelliest ever!!firm backed me up an ****** him off to get skimmed by other firm he was fecking furious!!!lol

I just bonded and skimmed a kitchen extension for an ethnic person, total w****r, stood there all week watching me and asking how long it would take. Moaned at me every 5 mins, and treated me like a nob the whole time. I struggled to get paid, even though he said I was realy clean and did a great job. I had to tell him that if he didn't pay me, his whole extension was comming down. I grafted for that idiot and he wanted it done for nowt. I'm gonna think twice next time a person like him wants work doing.

I just bonded and skimmed a kitchen extension for an ethnic person, total w****r, stood there all week watching me and asking how long it would take. Moaned at me every 5 mins, and treated me like a nob the whole time. I struggled to get paid, even though he said I was realy clean and did a great job. I had to tell him that if he didn't pay me, his whole extension was comming down. I grafted for that idiot and he wanted it done for nowt. I'm gonna think twice next time a person like him wants work doing.

rag heads are always tight, we double the price when they turn up dont hear from them again

Yeah, I didn't want to do it but I had nowt else on, mate of mine said he would pay. I think next time I deal with them I will do same as you, double the price and f**k em.

s**t on his doorstep and sling a pigs head on the drive or a cows head depending on if hes muslim or catholic

Done a job for an I****n bloke when it came to payment on a price we agreed .he said can we make it £100?(20 short)i said yeah fine but in future when i come in your shop t get me fags n paper can we"talk"about discount?!!he said fair point an just paid up!!!!lol

all my work is domestic and from my own experiences and talking to other trades people are getting more demanding,nastier,and terrible attitude in the way they talk to anybody who is self employed ,almost as if they think they are better than us,fourtanetly they are in a minority but they are getting worse,personally i think they are apprehensive and scared about losing there own jobs and all the fears/worries etc that will bring , there own workplace is getting more difficult and i do think to a certain extent they are jealous of us because we are our own bosses,but they do not see the full picture,at time of writing i know of a plumber who has been paid 1,000 quid for a job but is still owed 5,000 quid, and has been told that is it, it is terrible but unfourtanetly as this recession bites in these stories and the bad attitudes these people have will get worse all over the country. absoloute nightmare these people.

You've nailed it I reckon m8, customers are stressed out and they are taking it out on us. Hopefully the day will come again when theres enough work around to tell the difficult ones to f off. And what is it with customers texting or calling you at 9, 10 at night getting this loads recently to?

Status
Not open for further replies.