Newly Skimmed Plaster Blown?

Members online

codehaseyes

Hi all

Wondering if you could advise on the following...

Had all my landing and hallway skimmed.

Noticed that in a couple of small area located on the same wall (everywhere else ok), when I tap the plaster it sounds hollow. Presumably blown?

There are no cracks and plaster looks perfectly fine.

Anything to worry about or should that area be redone?

Thanks

Thanks for the compliment

Oxford language definition
"a person of wealth or high social position"
@codehaseyes with the cost of living crisis still in full swing many tradesmen are several k down on their usual turnover, could you please donate a few k to the plasterers fund and we can all get back to calling people knobs again.
Many thanks.
Oh and yes you should be worried if your new skim sounds hollow, it clearly hasn't adhered to the substrate.

@codehaseyes with the cost of living crisis still in full swing many tradesmen are several k down on their usual turnover, could you please donate a few k to the plasterers fund and we can all get back to calling people knobs again.
Many thanks.
Oh and yes you should be worried if your new skim sounds hollow, it clearly hasn't adhered to the substrate.
Or whatever is underneath

Many thanks.
Yes it was a simple yes no answer. But someone thought they would make a smart comment :) No wonder you're down several K. Welcome to inflation, high interest rates bank collapses etc etc and further job losses to come, particularly in the building trade as the property market shrinks.

Good luck and thanks for the advice.

Many thanks.

@codehaseyes @essexandy answered it pretty well :D

remember plasterers on this forum are on here out of work hours to help :D So you have to put up with the banter and chatter but there is a lot of helpful advice here :D

Yes it was a simple yes no answer. But someone thought they would make a smart comment :) No wonder you're down several K. Welcome to inflation, high interest rates bank collapses etc etc and further job losses to come, particularly in the building trade as the property market shrinks.

now now codehaseyes, andrew was just being his normal tactful self, just a bit banter,
hope you do not upset jessica, as there will be problems with a potato for you,
where are you based,

Hi all

Wondering if you could advise on the following...

Had all my landing and hallway skimmed.

Noticed that in a couple of small area located on the same wall (everywhere else ok), when I tap the plaster it sounds hollow. Presumably blown?

There are no cracks and plaster looks perfectly fine.

Anything to worry about or should that area be redone?

Thanks
Yes

See me post above, there you go I’ve sorted it for you

So our OCD punter, who thinks he's intelligent and speaks Oxford english, doesn't like it when he gets honesty & answers, when all he wanted was a free text to justify him hassling the plasterer to remove/redo something.
You are sir, by definition, a knob.