Newly plastered home

Members online

Dymphna

Hi there, I am new to this forum as I have found myself in a real pickle and would really appreciate any help or advice. I have recently had a new icf build plastered. I wanted to achieve an old style look so opted for white sand and cement for the internal walls. We used cement board for the icf. We then plastered directly onto this without using a pva sealer ,as we didn't know. The results looked amazing but now we have lots of hairline cracks., a few horizontal but mostly around windows and doors. We have asked painters, plasterers, cement experts what we should do but all we want to know is ' is it going to crumble and fall off??'
It's been on a month. Nothing off yet? Any advice is kindly welcome
Dymphna

sand and cement is not compatible. its too heavey and brittle.

theres not alot internally that is warranted on an icf but i would of maybe gone the lime putty option rather than sand cement

Hi there, I am new to this forum as I have found myself in a real pickle and would really appreciate any help or advice. I have recently had a new icf build plastered. I wanted to achieve an old style look so opted for white sand and cement for the internal walls. We used cement board for the icf. We then plastered directly onto this without using a pva sealer ,as we didn't know. The results looked amazing but now we have lots of hairline cracks., a few horizontal but mostly around windows and doors. We have asked painters, plasterers, cement experts what we should do but all we want to know is ' is it going to crumble and fall off??'
Dymphna
I would say it should have been primed and if using pva e careful what u buy and read instructions. Due to a lot of them watered down ( diluted)I don’t think it will fall off.
Icf ?

Dymphna
So did you do this work yourself or have a plasterer carry out the work?