Newly painted plaster odour..

paulalford

Hi there, I'm looking for a bit of advice from anyone out there. I'm a painter and decorator by trade and had an extension completed on my own house about a year and half ago.

We had the new extension plaster boarded and then plastered. The lounge which joins it had been painted around 5 years ago. Our plaster recommended we applied sbr before he skimmed this room to...
Both rooms were mist coated after 2 weeks when dry and then finished with 2 further coats of white emulsion...
My question is that only sometimes we get a slight whiff of that newly painted plaster smell every so often when going into the room even after a year and a half... I would like to get rid of it any one with any suggestions as what is causing it... thanks...

Hi there, I'm looking for a bit of advice from anyone out there. I'm a painter and decorator by trade and had an extension completed on my own house about a year and half ago.

We had the new extension plaster boarded and then plastered. The lounge which joins it had been painted around 5 years ago. Our plaster recommended we applied sbr before he skimmed this room to...
Both rooms were mist coated after 2 weeks when dry and then finished with 2 further coats of white emulsion...
My question is that only sometimes we get a slight whiff of that newly painted plaster smell every so often when going into the room even after a year and a half... I would like to get rid of it any one with any suggestions as what is causing it... thanks...
Did youuse velspar paint by any chance

Is it a fishy smell?

why the fk is anyone skimming onto SBR?

Do people nowadays just make it up as they go along in this trade?

Trades gone to shiit

Unfkinbelievable.
You read so much s**t on here, plastering is pretty damned easy but people insist on making it hard and expensive, I blame all these bloody courses

You read so much s**t on here, plastering is pretty damned easy but people insist on making it hard and expensive, I blame all these bloody courses
Hi all
Do you want enroll on a 6 week select a plastering trowel course.
You will be taught the full range of lengths, widths, blade thickness and handle material.
For the first day of the course, bring your own plastering trowel, the one you use and achieve a good finish with. We can then explain, why you need to up grade your plastering trowel.
On successful payment of course fees, you will receive a certificate, which will allow you to tell other experience plasterers which trowel they should be using.

What does newly plaster smell like? Is there good air flow in the room? COuld there be condensation forming?