Newly boarded and skimmed ceiling cracking?

Members online

DqCU.gif

I definitely don't believe that that is the reason they use 9.5mm

Im not saying that's the reason they still make them. I'm asking if anyone else has noticed they seem to be being used more and more to dot and dab 100mm thermo blocks by big construction companies.

Im not saying that's the reason they still make them. I'm asking if anyone else has noticed they seem to be being used more and more to dot and dab 100mm thermo blocks by big construction companies.
I didn't mention why they're still made.
The only reason I could see for them being spec'd is to save money. And they're not even much cheaper to be fair.

The only reason I could see for them being spec'd is to save money. And they're not even much cheaper to be fair.
Doesn't have to be much cheaper when you're talking about huge amounts of materials. Soon add up.

And you would need to use more adhesive top stop the boards from flexing and dishing so you are not going to save on costs .....IMO
How many people do you see using the correct amount of adhesive as it is? I've never seen anyone else with my own eyes.

I was told it's to get the clearence on a 140mm door casing. But in fairness, i can't see 6mm (3mm each side) gaining you enough.

If the blockwork is good it's not a problem getting them back tight is it?

I wont lie, I struggle to get 100mm of block work, even 5 to 10mm of d&d and a 9.5mm board back far enough to fit a 140 door casing. But yeah, i agree, block work needs to be near enough bang on.