newbies with mtec 300 advice sought

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnzamm

Hi everyone new to site and machine plastering but have 25 yrs experience in the old spreading game
acquired mtec 300 ( right prlce) have been playing about on some friends out buildings and have a couple of questions that we hope you can help us with
Have tried both weber and krend (any preferences ? ) would like advice on set up for both ie r&s, nozzle size, distance of air outlet to cap etc
Have other enquiries eager to learn

Used to have one mate just use the unistar rotor and stator for both weber and krend use a 12 or 14 mm spray cap for either weber sprays at around 700-750 depending on colour can't remember what krend was I think it was about 750-800, main thing I found with the 300 was making sure you got the set up right everytime ie letting the water find it's own level in the mixing pot and keeping the 2 white springs on top of the mixing pot lid well lubricated , get the set up right on it and it sprays really nice ,get it wrong and it will send you to hell lol, have you had proper training on it

southernmonkey said:
Used to have one mate just use the unistar rotor and stator for both weber and krend use a 12 or 14 mm spray cap for either weber sprays at around 700-750 depending on colour can't remember what krend was I think it was about 750-800, main thing I found with the 300 was making sure you got the set up right everytime ie letting the water find it's own level in the mixing pot and keeping the 2 white springs on top of the mixing pot lid well lubricated , get the set up right on it and it sprays really nice ,get it wrong and it will send you to hell lol, have you had proper training on it

ie weight training, coz its a heavy big clunk of metal to carry around :)

thanks for advice had a short days training last year
where we're having a problem is with the speed and control of the spray
we are already using unistar 24l/min and our idea was to slow the rate using star stator 11l/min would this work ?
we don't seem to be achieving a nice spray ribbon hence the question about the air outlet distance
does an idiots guide of do's and dont's exist for these machines?
cheers Flynny weight is something else but more concerned about finish job we'll have an extra weetabix for brekkie

had this problem with my m-tech aswell we changed to a smaller nozzel and played about with the air hose . but i do agree with you it comes out them hoses at some speed

Status
Not open for further replies.