Newbi Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

duttyrok

Hi Guys just starting out in the plastering trade and want to know when faced with a large wall i plastered a quater of it then give it a second coat, then start on the next bit how would i cover up the line between the dry part and the part im doing.

Also is there anything to add to your multi finish mix to keep it wet a bit longer as im finding its going off rather fast :mad:

Thanks Guys

erm.....

when you say big?

I personally would never join plaster... I can do it but I rather do it all in one.

What are you skimming over brick plasterboard?

You could use a rolling gauge which is what I have done in the past on big areas.

basically slap a section on drop back and second coat half of what you put on then carry on first coating then drop back and second coat teh next section go back to he beginning and flatten in then put the next lot of first coated drop back and 2nd coat ect ect

That way you are finishing the wall as you go and you are always working on a wet edge....

Personally the wall would have to be absolutely massive for me to run that.....

Do a search on this forum for rolling guage...

Danny

PS I would also give another spread a ring if its important....thye come 2 a penny at the moment!

i was thinking that if he has never done plastering before then he might not be sealing the background and thats why it is going off so fast?

Its Plasterboard mate, where i've just started i find my mix goes off on quite small walls and im rushing to get two coats on it. So i was thinking any bigger im gonna have to break it down, but i understand about dropping back as you go.

One more mate if you got a wall thats been plastered but they want it re plastered due to holes and roughtness can you just pvc it and replaster it

Thanks lads

kirk johnstone said:
i was thinking that if he has never done plastering before then he might not be sealing the background and thats why it is going off so fast?

Do you mean sealing it with something like pvc mate

yes mate its called pva, you shouldnt need to do a rolling hit mate.

is your plaster in date?
is it clean cold water you are mixing with?
are you second coating with the same mix?
how long does it take you to first coat the wall?
how many boards are there on the wall? (just so i can get a grasp of the m2)

if you give me some answers to these questions it will make it easier to help you mate ;)

duttyrok said:
kirk johnstone said:

dont use pvc whatever you do.

Bruce Willis said:
duttyrok said:
kirk johnstone said:

dont use pvc whatever you do.

unless its a pvc catsuit... mmm lara croft style.

did you see lara croft on 5 last night? angelina jolie with an english accent makes me grow in naughty places

I think the pvc for sealing remark explains alot into how the prices in our trade have gone to s**t

are you using the same mis for the second coat? if so then it will seem to go off very quick and you wont get anywhere near the area on

sorry fellas that must have been my little bro, he got on me account by hacking me password and all sorts dint he, Ive never plastered in me life! 8)

P V C its either a typer error or were dealing with a muppet here.
If the wall less than 10 metres long and you cant do it in one hit on your own,you need to try a different job pal,it may sound a little harsh but its the truth.
i hope for your sake its a typer error!!

see a guy comes asking for a bit of help and all thtat skimmingtoday can do slag him off ok i know hes calling it the wrong name and he should be atemting it in 1 go but how does a tit like him help i bet he was bullied in school the little tit

Status
Not open for further replies.