new york

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiganlad

Private Member
how do fellow spreads. theres an add on gumtree for plasterers in new york. they looking for 5 work starts mid jan but must do work here first to prove ur worth. digs and visa payed. naturaly ive applied but i just thought id give other lads a shout aswell, tough times out there we all need a heads up everynow and again. gud luck boys. let me know if any of ya get any joy

a link i can only just post mate. go to gumtree.com then to click on contstruction in the jobs part. keep going down could be on 2 or 3rd page by now let me know if you find it

Na im too mean i will see what he says to you lol where did you get the info iewrk trial first the n new york? what i saw in the ad was just his phone number.

it says must complete work over here b4 going over. all then info was there wen i was on it. ill let you know tomoz wen i call him

i cant see anyway you will get a working visa for the states mate, there is so much unemployment over there making a shortage of jobs for the locals, and the unions wont allow just anyone on the sites... and these are BAD Mother Fu%^ers...I have worked in the USA 3 times, North Carolina doing EIFS Boston doing EIFS and Rockland doing EIFS and each time i had to get a 3 month holiday visa and buy new tools every trip... hope im wrong and you get a start though

i have to echo renders words be carefull very carefull sounds dodgy to me i lived there for 15 years they certainly would nt need to bring spreads over theres good uns there believe me.

as for the visa not a chance no way not aving it

Load of total crap this ad bet it's to get a lot of work done here for peanuts with the promise of great work in New York, as said above there's a million spreads in the big apple crying out for work

right spoke to the bloke today and wants us to go to birmingham or london to skim 1 room and he will pay for our fuel. then once the work is checked and he is happy with he wants us to do sum making gud for half day max. then wen he is happy with the work he will then go and proceed with the visa. he is paying 250 aday and digs for six mnths. and you can either travel home twice in that period or you can arrange for a family member to fly out and they will stand this cost. so im off to do it wednesday and will let you all know weather its a con or not. nothing ventured nothing gained n all that

Last edited:
Well good luck mate hope it turns out alright and you get the work, sounds to good to be true but you never know, all the best

what happens if he gets 12 lads to turn up to skim a room on trail at different times, then it turns out to be a con and doesnt get back to you. he gets a house plastered out for free.
think ill have a go at this.

wanted plasterers for the maldives
if you turn up at a job were on in bingley west yorkshire, monday morning, and float and set a 12 yard wall.we'll get back to you in the near future.i promise.

no he isnt. but thats my choice. i dnt start back to work till 3rd of jan so im not loosing nothing. other than my time. n to skim a room in a day between us is an absolute joke. 2 sets n its dun. cud do it on mi own without a lab in the day 3 sets . so its no great hardship for the posible out cum and if it is a con fair play to them its one way to cut back on labour cost. id be pissed of but fair play to him.

no he isnt. but thats my choice. i dnt start back to work till 3rd of jan so im not loosing nothing. other than my time. n to skim a room in a day between us is an absolute joke. 2 sets n its dun. cud do it on mi own without a lab in the day 3 sets . so its no great hardship for the posible out cum and if it is a con fair play to them its one way to cut back on labour cost. id be pissed of but fair play to him.

Let me get this right he is not paying you for the room your gonna skim? He is gonna check the standard and still isnt gonna pay you for the room? Then you are gonna go and do half a day patchin which he aint gonna pay you for?

thats rite yeah at sum site they got set up. Im not realy sceptic so im gna see what hapens like i say im doing fck all else so save any negitive remarks till ive been coned then you can all give it to me proper with all your i told you so's n that.

sorry wigan i cant wait that long and would rather wait for you to say i told you so but unforunetly this in my opinion is a con LOL the more i think about it, is it a good con hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm only if it works but the chances of a good spread goin for it is small, not saying your not good enough but i guarantee the fella who is running the con will say it hahahahaha there is one born every day sorry mate.

no worries boss. everyones got an opinion. but i got told the same wen i went to canada the agent who took me out there had me do 2days trial b4 he went a head with my visa. i stud the cost of mi digs n that and was told it wud be refunded once deemed competent of which people around me told me i was being riped of. well i got hte money back and got a job offer with a visa and was in vancouver 10 weeks later . so if i had listened to people around me including other spreads who wanted to go but didnt believe the guy. I wud never of had the chance to go to Vancouver. Just gota take a chance n if its bulshite more fool me . But i wud nver know if i sat on the fence

I say good luck to ya. Hope it works out and you get to paint the big apple pink on behalf of us brits.... If it turns out to be a con then lesson learned. I hope it doesn't.

i smell a rat here but cant quite work out what the con is. i know its almost impossible to get a short term work visa for the states and 250 a day just sounds to much but good luck anyway

i spose you are right its only time you loose get your fuel money as soon as you get there but there is no way you will get a visa for usa canada yes that goverment does them but the states dont especially for plastering .a plasterer i new york working for a company would be lucky to get 20 doolars an hour =110£ so he s talking boll ux at 250 a day but hey good luck as you say not a lot to loose

Yeh £250 a day times 5 = £1250 = around $2500 a week about $10000 a month times 6 months = $60 000 plus flights and accomodation for some one who just needs to be able to skim hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm even if the the 250 a day is dollars its still $30 000 and thats being generous with only 20 days in the month..........for someone who can just skim hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, skimmers are ten a penny so i dont see the point but like i said good luck.

The only part of this that makes me think its not a con is that the guy will have 5 spreads after smashing his face in if he does con them, he will be easily found if he does a bunk because of his connection to the property that he wants them to do a test skim on (whatever connection that is but he will have one) who would want to piss off 5 spreads like that

Cant see wigan goin back to kick his head in if he doesnt get payed or the other 4 coz he has told them they are not getting payed so what are they gonna kick off about?

And there lies the con! "Sorry mate, your works good, but we've managed to find 5 guys who already have work visas"..........."Mind you, we've another place wants doing up soon, we'll be in touch"

Status
Not open for further replies.