New week

lurpak

What you all got on this week? Looking forward? Dreading it? I’ll be skimming some artex and some old ass walls then got full living room to do x

Smudger1

Finishing off a job, 1 bedroom left to skim, grout tiles i fitted in bathroom refurb we did n put door n architreves back on. Make and Weld up a gate and railings, fit em. Get paid off. Then start next job before end of week prep and render a house my labourer hacked off while i was away on hols.

Roughcast a house,weather permitting then plastering a garage end of the week,let’s see how many problems I’ll have to sort troubleshoot this week:bailando:

Olican

Private Member
Very busy run coming up ,Monday render with 2 extra spreads, Tuesday same, Wednesday back down to 1+1,start new house ,(squeeze in ceiling somehow) Thursday leave site started on Wednesday (all buckets etc left out for effect) pretend van broke down start another job , Friday wake up in a panic with about £1100.00 of labour to pay out with no incoming and phone ringing from half a dozen jobs..I didn't intentionally take on too much ..just hit an unfortunate spiral

zombie

Private Member
Very busy run coming up ,Monday render with 2 extra spreads, Tuesday same, Wednesday back down to 1+1,start new house ,(squeeze in ceiling somehow) Thursday leave site started on Wednesday (all buckets etc left out for effect) pretend van broke down start another job , Friday wake up in a panic with about £1100.00 of labour to pay out with no incoming and phone ringing from half a dozen jobs..I didn't intentionally take on too much ..just hit an unfortunate spiral
Thank foook its not just me thats in same mess at moment!

Topspread16

Thank foook its not just me thats in same mess at moment!
I thought this was the norm. :frenetico:

paulf

Two flats just the ceilings over stippled artex an then a kitchen thats been completely ripped out.

JessThePlasterer

Be finished on the flats on Monday whoo! No wait maybe Tuesday, forgot the electrician did his job twice :rolleyes: and there’s holes everywhere that I’ve already plastered :llorando:

I get so excited when I’m finishing a job and then remember I’ve got to start another.... boo. Got standard room skims for a bit and then an extension. Then I’m taking a break and sinking into the workshop

Mate bless, it's f**k**g horrible hope you get it sorted!

essexandy

Private Member
What you all got on this week? Looking forward? Dreading it? I’ll be skimming some artex and some old ass walls then got full living room to do x
I'm actually going to work!
A bit of coving and render repair tomorrow and Tuesday and then maybe start tacking and sticking a three storey extension we've got.
I'm going to miss the lake:cry:

Fatarm

Trainee mod
That there pretty sums it up for me at the mo(y)

Last edited:

Lodan

Private Member
Board and skim a full house from today for a good while so at least no moving around for a few weeks

Rossi46

Private Member
Board and skim a full house from today for a good while so at least no moving around for a few weeks
What you doing with your Plastering tools when you finish in October? Could have a Plasterers forum Auction :sisi::coffe:

Lodan

Private Member
What you doing with your Plastering tools when you finish in October? Could have a Plasterers forum Auction :sisi::coffe:
Lol you can have first refusal on my b and q own brand trowel and my Aldi mixer:LOL:. On a serious not though I'm sure I'll still be doing some it's just the main bulk will be off my hands

stuart23

The memory’s this brings back, honestly reading this gave me that horrible feeling in my stomach that I used to get all the time when under pressure.