New Website

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey

Hello all,

I have recently completed a full time six week plastering course with Gold Trowel and received my City & Guilds Certificate. Have since carried out a few jobs for friends and relatives which has really boosted my confidence and now looking to gain my NVQ 2.

I have just started on my website, it's pretty basic and still needs a few tweaks but I would welcome your feed-back.

SFW Plasterers, plastering services for Berkshire, Surrey and Hampshire

Many thanks

Your t and c are of putting I think, the photo of the finished ceiling says new guy done this, the water marks are a tell, I will have a more detailed look later, but in sum up the terms would not endear any customer to you.

Add a gallery, remove the qualification page change T&C to one for your website not your work terms and make sure your Page Titles are named same as menu items, "Untitled Document" is no good for search engines

Last edited:
God six weeks at a training centre and you think your a plasterer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go and get a job with a team of spreads and stay with them for two years then try this , the reason i say stay with the team for two years is for the first year ,you will be labouring, working in cupboards & under staircases rubbing -up when you get ahead of the real spreads .............

I told you any old re***d can do it

I'll. call goldtrowel first thing Monday morn ,,, find out about processes,rendering,screeding etc I'll pish that in six weeks easy.:RpS_thumbup:time is on my side.
.how do you get the water marks tho?

Soon you can list your services as....

Skimming
Overskimming
Artex removal (skimming)
Plastering (skimming)
Plaster boarding (ready for skimming)
Overboarding (ready for skimming)
Overskimoarding (I made this one up)

told ya fishmongerer was the future marra.................£1 fish and all that.......................:RpS_thumbsup:

Lol. Done the poultry dressing course marra:RpS_wink:
DressedupducktakespartinthefashionparadeinSydney_zps3a3b308b.jpg
what you think:RpS_unsure:

There not water marks thats wet fat filling all the hollows where its been jumped on to early!

I wouldnt show people that picture sorry mate but thats one of the worst ive seen

EXPLAIN! How a six week course and a "few" completed jobs for friends and family makes you a " well established and reputable plastering business" your photo on your website is not good the skimmed ceiling looks shite filled with troweling fat and water marks....how can you learn "all aspects of plastering , rendering and screeding in 6 weeks? Your trying to run before you can walk mate.... What a load of bollox :RpS_lol:

Soon you can list your services as....

Skimming
Overskimming
Artex removal (skimming)
Plastering (skimming)
Plaster boarding (ready for skimming)
Overboarding (ready for skimming)
Overskimoarding (I made this one up)
overskimoarding:RpS_laugh:

Wow, starting off on the wrong foot son! Cant fault u for trying but u need to rethink ur stratergy, this qoute from your site is not the 1-
On Agreed Jobs of over £500.The customer will pay a deposit of no less than 50% before commencement of works. In the case of cheque payments, the funds must clear before commencement.
So if your completeing a job for lets say £1000 you want £500 deposit? What if your standard of work is bad and they want the money back and uve spent it on gear or on the piss ect? A private customer should pay on completion of the work and be happy for what there paying for.
Also this made me laugh-
Due to new government legislation on trade waste it is the customer’s responsibility to dispose of any unused materials at the end of completed works. Otherwise there will be a charge for the removal of waste to a government approved site.
So u finish the job and theres some bonding, boards, pva, beads and finish left over that u ordered. U let them get rid? why dont u take it to ur next job, i think that would be more profitable to your company dont u? Am having a dig mate, just pointing out a few things, good luck lad.

Lol. Done the poultry dressing course marra:RpS_wink:
DressedupducktakespartinthefashionparadeinSydney_zps3a3b308b.jpg
what you think:RpS_unsure:

Tidy..................:RpS_thumbup: you must have went down to gold trowels sister company Golden Goose for that course................:RpS_wink:

Last edited:
SFW = six F*****g weeks

In 1980/81 (yes i'm that old) i had to do a six month block release at college to get what i suppose what would be the equivelant qualification. This is'nt a dig at you Smokey but, what have the training providers and constrution industry done to the non technical trades it is a fook'n disgrace ! :RpS_mad:

I would also change the process page before @essexandy sees the rendering section,

What I think of his rendering processes are going to be way down on his list of worries. He can't even skim to an acceptable standard let alone take on rendering jobs.
I honestly think there should be a law against these sort of people claiming to be tradesmen, just think how many properties are being fecked up all over the country by the coursers. It's not fair on either the public or the proper tradesmen out there.

Sadly he is probably far from the worst standard, I have had labourers work with me, never pick up a trowel, then I hear that they are plastering for someone. God only knows what they can do as I never saw any signs..

Status
Not open for further replies.