new website

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardbrown

Private Member
A friend of mine has just built me a new website (sorry danny lol).

If you have the time I would appreciate you guys taking a look and giving me some feedback on it. I am generally very happy with it but would like your opinions.

I have lots of new images etc to add and will change the odd bit of text here and there.

Thanks

Richard Brown Plastering Contractors

Looks good m8 especially the before and after photos.

So do you fins Marmorit helpful m8? Products good quality?

I've never used them but know they are based in Bristol.

what i would say, is get your images protected, i had a load of rendering images nicked off my site.

I bet it would have been nice from a customer point of view to see you trowelling up in the vids and not just spraying

Thanks guys ... the spraying vids are poor but were the only ones I had. Over the next few months I hope to take some decent ones and change things a bit.

nice rich nice clean site :)

you need to add 2 more pages though...

a sitemap and a privacy policy :)

My own site Davlic Media will be getting a flashy new corporate design when I get back on my feet again

looks mustard mate i like that marmorite, def get ya pics protected though i was out with my misses once and walked into a newsagents to get some fags and i see a advertisement in the window for a plasterer i know, it was all my work he had popped into a job to see me and catch up and obviously went around the job takeing pics the git

I dont know what either do Danny lol. Dan can you have a look for me and help me rank well when people search for Marmorit, Marmorit Plymouth and Marmorit Devon .... I rank well usually but when I do these searches I am nowhere to be seen...

lol

a site map is a page on your site that has a link to every page on your site :)

privacy policy is another page that tells people that you dont store or share data etc etc

Without them google will penalise you :-(

You've missed off the part of your website that tells people what happened to that bloke after he bumped you for a couple of grand last year marra. god rest his soul...:-0

Nice site rich but if you want critisism im your man LOL It seems as if everything is cramped upto the left of all your pages, maybe if the text was central it would be easier to read, only my opinion :)

keep your opinions to yourself!.

Fair one flynny but I quite like it like that with the photo on the right and text on the left. I think the images would look better if they were more central though.

Thanks

Yeh it looks sound on the left but it feels as though im missing a few words from the begining as if its crammed to the left :)

Nice site Richard but it seems dedicated to Marmorit more than yourself. When you talk about the process of that particular rendering job you use trade talk which Joe Public would not understand. Quartgrund and float is an example. I understood it of course but I wouldn't have a clue if I was a customer.

Also although you are Richard Brown Plastering there is very little mention of plastering or examples of your work as a plasterer. I would have liked to see other rendering examples other than Marmorit, perhaps some traditional pebbledash etc.

There are companies sprouting up which offer search engine optimisation. They manage your site and can get you on page 1 for a monthly fee. No doubt they will be giving you a call soon.

As for pics then Marmorit will give you plenty. I have some off them but the majority of 'pinched' photo's on my site are with the compliments of Weber. The customer doesn't know and just because you have a photo of a job on your web site and the work isn't yours just make sure you don't put your name to the job. There is a photo on there of a corner of a building in grey. Is that from SAS Europe?

Good luck with it.

Nice one mate the only fault i can find is that you heavily invested in your machine customers might think that they have to pay for it which they do but you shouldnt be telling them that,i think.

thanks for the replies fellas.

I did aim the site to promote Marmorit as that is where we make the most money and what we do most of. Everyone down here does the s/c renders etc but not many offer the services I do so I wanted a site I could point the client to to help me sell the product.
Along side the photos there is a description which helps explain the products and what they do like quartsgrund etc.
Most of the photos are mine but 2 which were "borrowed" to fill a gap as I have still to sort out all my images and video.

Thanks for the comments

I am now a SEO guru aswell Rich & i can give you advice for free mate for just a small fee :RpS_thumbup:
when I met Danny in December we shook hands but i pickpocketed his SEO guide book out of his coat pocket shhhh :RpS_wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.