New van

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeroy

Looking to get new van ford transit high roof lwb or similar, was thinking a couple of years old so price is better or do I bite the bullet and get new with all guarantee's, your thoughts please

When I was looking for a new van last year I found that the price I could get a brand new one for was cheaper or the same as a one/two year old van. Dealerships have some very good deals on, it's a matter of doing a bit of legwork to find the right dealer.

They have sales targets for the month and year, manufacturers want to clear stock etc etc. Well worth looking around before you make your choice. (y)

Transits are work horses mate and you can't beat em for cost and reliability, if you buy used from a dealer you should get some guarantee usually about six months and by the time that's run out you should know if it's gonna be a keeper or not

Agree about them been good vans had quiet a few over the years, I have a 06 plate one now had for 3 years but fed up of changing every 3 years, I want one I can forget about for 10 year ish

Dont know if anyone else has seen news before xmas or posted this already, but they were warning transit van owners to be on their guard especially around leeds area. Apparantly theives have been buying a gizmo off amazon that allows them to get into transit vans without breaking in. Some sort of key with various combinations on it. Was on local yorkshire news.

Just brought lwb vivaro last April..had me old vivaro for 10 years and never wanted thought it was a good idea to buy new but now think will always buy new.looked at transit which worked out about £390 a month,vivaro £320..loads of tradesman love the transit but for me vivaro cheaper per month looks better and is British built..makes me laugh when I do motorway all transit and vw want to race ..
Treat yourself to new whatever you decide on nothing better to get in when you've had a s**t day which is most days
You only live once.
Vince

Dont know if anyone else has seen news before xmas or posted this already, but they were warning transit van owners to be on their guard especially around leeds area. Apparantly theives have been buying a gizmo off amazon that allows them to get into transit vans without breaking in. Some sort of key with various combinations on it. Was on local yorkshire news.
Yes mate heard something about that, was that newer transits or older ones

Just brought lwb vivaro last April..had me old vivaro for 10 years and never wanted thought it was a good idea to buy new but now think will always buy new.looked at transit which worked out about £390 a month,vivaro £320..loads of tradesman love the transit but for me vivaro cheaper per month looks better and is British built..makes me laugh when I do motorway all transit and vw want to race ..
Treat yourself to new whatever you decide on nothing better to get in when you've had a s**t day which is most days
You only live once.
Vince
Cheers mate, I'll have a look at them

As long as you buy a new van you won't be disappointed. You'll rarely find a few years old with low milage and well looked after and reasonably priced, they non existent, hence I bought new this time around. Paying 200 a month for a lwb, haven't looked back since got it. You also can get better finance on a new van i believe.

As long as you buy a new van you won't be disappointed. You'll rarely find a few years old with low milage and well looked after and reasonably priced, they non existent, hence I bought new this time around. Paying 200 a month for a lwb, haven't looked back since got it. You also can get better finance on a new van i believe.
I know what your saying mate I'm coming to the same conclusion [emoji106]

You only live once.
Vince

You bought Vincent you didn't brought. Maybe you brought the van home after you bought it which is past tense of bring. I Thankyou.

The depreciation is horrendous though. Not so much on VW's but everything else is just burning money IMO. I definitely understand where your coming from on nearly new but there are good deals to be found if you look.

The depreciation is horrendous though. Not so much on VW's but everything else is just burning money IMO. I definitely understand where your coming from on nearly new but there are good deals to be found if you look.

@Wezley seems to think otherwise.....

Depreciation is a real bugger i agree on that. Rarely you find a 6 month old van up for sale.
I did find a few which looked a good deal at the time but they were couple of hundred miles away, i wasn't prepared to travel days to see and test drive vans.
I got mine through a finance company, it was registered in end of may with no buyer, so it was sitting on a forecourt in Coventry till mid July, got it on a deal only I can't sell it for six months, its a common clause on pre reg vans.

Sorry Danny your right mercs hold good value too (y)
Anything that can clock over 250,000 miles will hold good money.

Bangernomics has always been a good game to play but with a van you need to look the dogs round bits in my opinion unless you are on site and thats all you plan on doing.....

Depreciation? July 2014 I paid £11k + VAT for a brand new Vivaro, air con, bluetooth blah blah. 18 months later they're going for between £9,500 and £10,500. I'm happy with that 'depreciation' (y):D

Get the right deal on the right van and you're fine.

I bought my T5 in 2007 for £7500 inc vat. 3 years old with 69,000 miles on it. Its now done 180,000 miles and got a couple of knocks but it looks mint for its age. Apart from the flywheel going it's just been regular wear and tear. I could get £3000 for it maybe more. £4500 depreciation 8 years work and still going strong not and not using a drop of oil or smoking, now that's value. I'd be paying £22,000 inc for a new t6 now and £15k plus for one 3 years old. May aswell run mine into the ground.

That's been going around for ages that rumour we bough 1 about 6 months ago and its was going around then apparantly.Leeds and bradistan

New every time I've been burnt so many times buying second hand vans that I won't consider it anymore. I'm replacing my 2 transits in the new year for 2 transit customs lwb. Tax deductible, low finance rates, guaranteed start every day, warranty. Not much to think about really, I've always had ford and should consider another make, but through blind and misguided loyalty I always get a ford.

I've got a Vito on a 12plate had it new , wasn't sure at first but luv it now , was thinking of getting the new shape on an auto this time, it's nearl 4 years old in March and I've just clocked up 22k miles , still got 2 years free servicing with it

It's a minefield @Leeroy. It's down to budget, business needs, personal preference, vat registration. Your best just going with what imago says though because he's never wrong and he defies any vehicle ' depreciation' :bailando: :inocente:

I've got a Vito on a 12plate had it new , wasn't sure at first but luv it now , was thinking of getting the new shape on an auto this time, it's nearl 4 years old in March and I've just clocked up 22k miles , still got 2 years free servicing with it
Do you only use it for Sunday service?
New ones look good, like mercs but they on a pricey side.

It's a minefield @Leeroy. It's down to budget, business needs, personal preference, vat registration. Your best just going with what imago says though because he's never wrong and he defies any vehicle ' depreciation' :bailando: :inocente:

Nah, just manage to get the right deal. (y) I suppose the other way of doing it is to buy an old van that's been to the moon and back, but I didn't fancy it. :aburrido:

Nah, just manage to get the right deal. (y) I suppose the other way of doing it is to buy an old van that's been to the moon and back, but I didn't fancy it. :aburrido:

I'm sure it would have covered a one way distance to the moon when I've finished with it. That's after 10 years hard work. Not when I've bought it. To buy a van when it's been to the moon and back it would have covered half a million miles.
A petty exaggeration to push your point. :aburrido:

My old camper van had just shy of 500 kms on it.... wonder if it's still going?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.