New Van

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucius

Bit quiet today so whent to look at buying a new van, trust me i need one so i whent to my local Vauxhall dealer who actualy dosent sell the Vitaro and informs me the nearest dealership is in Cheltenham W.T.F. ime J25 M25, so next to Renault to look at the Traffic nice van but i just think these vans are to posh for work anyway might buy one quite liked it will look at the Tranny tomorrow also looked at SH but werent happy with the length of warranty dealers were offering, all comments welcome.

Toyota hiace I've put 30000 miles on mine in a year and a half since 70000, I've had the cam belt done at 90 and it's never battered an eyelid

Can't really argue with toyota's reliability old bean. Lucius, try the Transit Trend 260 . A very smart van. Try and buy pre reg and you'll save thousands.

Thanks Casper, ime a bit Cavalier when i want something i just go out and buy it but looking on the net tonight i can get better deals of third parties rather than direct of the main dealer,whys that?

Thanks Casper, ime a bit Cavalier when i want something i just go out and buy it but looking on the net tonight i can get better deals of third parties rather than direct of the main dealer,whys that?

Probably old stock that's been parked up at the docks for months with rusty brake discs and ARB's.
A lot of manufacturers are offering 1% finance at the moment. I know a certain German manufacturer that is, anyway.

got a hiace van they just keep on going and hasent let my down yet(fingers crossed),but i find there just that litlle bit small but you could get the long weel based one, think my next one will be a transit

Probably old stock that's been parked up at the docks for months with rusty brake discs and ARB's.
A lot of manufacturers are offering 1% finance at the moment. I know a certain German manufacturer that is, anyway.
Is that the M one or the V one Tony

toyota hiace is a good reliable van, just a bit too small if youre carrying all your gear, if youre like spunky and all you carry is a hawk, trowel, drill, water butt, 13 old daily stars, 15 empty plaster bags 12 empty crisp packets and fishing gear, its fine.

the toyota hiace lwb is a great van i used to get a g4 and big gennie in one side by side against the bulkhead

What do you drive now Gary? ive been on the net all day looking at reviews on vans and it seems all these new vans are just s**t and all of them after 3 years or 40.000 miles just start to cost you money. I bought a Cabstar new in 85 and had it about 15 years and all it ever needed was brake pads and tyres apparently not so now.

Once you get a new van, just change it every 3 yrs for another new one and you'll have an endless warranty. There are also extended warranties available if you decide to keep it. I think the new Hyundai iload has a 5 yr warranty and it's cheap too, about £13k

A spread I know has got a new tranny, from what I remember he pays something like 200 a month and choops it in for a new one every year. No limit on mileage, Doesn't have to pay for mots and can sign write it if he wants.

You can have your own van for around £200 a month. A couple of grand deposit OR a decent trade in and you can drive away in a new Transit...or similar.

Bought a Tranny in the end SH from Gates, 3 years old, 50,000 miles in pristine condition inside and out and fully plied out with 2 years warranty £6995, was having problems leasing as i have no bussiness accounts for the last 3 years as i havent been here.

Mwb is a bit longer so coving and 8x4s fit comfortably. Itd be ideal for me cus I have to carry pretty much every tool I own, everyday.

I travelled for 6 months round Australia in a 27 year old hiace

The-CamperVan2.jpg

The-CamperVan3.jpg

The-CamperVan4.jpg

The-CamperVan5.jpg

The-CamperVan6.jpg

The-CamperVan7.jpg

The-CamperVan8.jpg

These where when we bought it but when we sold it 6 months later it was looking mint... Im a perfectionist so everything was fixed and looked sexy :)

It had 400,000 on the clock when I sold it for $5600 or £3500 ...lol

Danny

Oh yeah... and we only paid $2850 for it :) I will find out some photos of what it looked like when I sold it :)

we robbed loads of stuff for it :) new curtains a mattress lol damn I miss travelling :)

forget vivaro/traffic mate unless you can afford a gearbox change every year

play safe transit or transporter

Exactly,cant beat toyota all these new vans have their problems,i had a toyota for 13yrs never missed a beat and its still going.The van is 21yrs old now.

Status
Not open for further replies.