new trowels

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

thescudd

had a dick head run over me toolbag yesterday with a telehandler, killed my 2 marshalltown skimming trowels, had one 30 years. so in the market for a couple of new ones, what do you think of the tysack stainless steel ones

told him he would have to replace them. will get it sorted in the morning, he wrecked the 2 trowels a float a plastic float and a purdy brush. its not the value of the tools its getting new trowels broken in

had a dick head run over me toolbag yesterday with a telehandler, killed my 2 marshalltown skimming trowels, had one 30 years. so in the market for a couple of new ones, what do you think of the tysack stainless steel ones

i would purchase a mt and a refina super flex. tyzack are no longer a quality item.

aye mt are hard to beat, won,t be getting a s*p*r*lex though. i,m not a big fan of them, call me old fashioned but after 30 years plastering i believe the only way to finish skim is with a good sharp carbon trowel

You might av to get a s*p*r*lex just for your final trowel as you probably know even the pre-warns aren't ready for finishing were as a s*p*r*lex will be grand from new!! Do it mate you will get used to the flexi i was doubtful at first and been at it 20+yrs they make life much easier and you wont be no spring chicken 30yrs exp lol. No offence!!:tanguero:

Obviously if your skimming on hardwall or bonding its a bit different to board work i generally go most of the way with the mt and then final 2 with s*p*r*lex i use refina flex i dont know about anyone else but i find the refina blade a bit stiffer than the nela having got both and seems a bit more durable on the hardwall but dont be scared you can still get plenty of pressure on with the flexys:sisi:

Ive been testing the new (since nov 2014) Nela 16" premium (not s*p*r*lex) its great much better than the old one and you can float with it too not just skim. I skimmed over artex ceilings with mine first day i used it and it and it was top drawer but admit did 3rd flick over with my refina superted to save time etc
2015-01-13 15.17.59.jpg
2015-01-13 14.08.38.jpg

Marshy you're the only one i'll listen to,what do you recommend the premium or the supaflex,now don't bullshit me boy!

I've been using MT for nearly 30 yrs aswell but bought a couple of pre worn Ss Tyzacks on special offer at BnQ. Beautiful trowels to use, light and flexible and better to use than my mt's. Even my dinosaur mate is converted. Have to say they aren't as strong or durable as mt but still a lovely trowel to use. I'd say they're between a Nela s/flex and an Mt in rigidity

I used to work with an old bloke who only used tyzacks. He swore by them. The problem is he was an absolute cock and i seem to have some sort of psychological link between him and them and for that reason i think there s**t.

I've never used one or even held one but i just know they must be s**t.

f**k you roger and your s**t trowels.

I'm 30 now and not bitter.

well went shopping yeserday, bought a mt 13x5 stainless and guess what bought a nela s*p*r*lex. i was skimming over hard coat, had a few blisters tried the nela on them but it just goes over them. good job for the last run on ceilings though

Status
Not open for further replies.