New trowel

Members online

No members online now.
Marshalltown Xtralite. Nela premium is nice trowel but takes some serious breaking in imo.

I need a new trowel,buckets,mixer,sheets,all new tool bag and tools to match,why because I am applying to be a certified plasterer.made contact today with the diversity team and they are sending out a application form within 7 days.its advertised on the bags of multi at work and I have been chosen by the crew to be the one,WHAT HAPENS NEXT.......????

I need a new trowel,buckets,mixer,sheets,all new tool bag and tools to match,why because I am applying to be a certified plasterer.made contact today with the diversity team and they are sending out a application form within 7 days.its advertised on the bags of multi at work and I have been chosen by the crew to be the one,WHAT HAPENS NEXT.......????
You'll be one of them (y)

I vote a stainless Paul Curry 14x5 as a good all around trowel. Nela is a good choice too but my ultimate combo would be curry to lay on, nela s*p*r*lex to trowel down.

(I really need to try a plaziflex to see if it lives up to the hype)

I vote a stainless Paul Curry 14x5 as a good all around trowel. Nela is a good choice too but my ultimate combo would be curry to lay on, nela s*p*r*lex to trowel down.

Seriously super flex to trowel down.

s*p*r*lex for just a final trowel surely other than that s**t for troweling up with I use the mediflex right at the vey end that's hard enough

That's all that trowel can do if any,,,used at any other stage and its a **** up.

If you hit it with the s*p*r*lex when it's super wet then it'll act a bit like a screed and doesn't leave lines.

But that basically means making time for an extra pass because it all still needs trowelled in.

I was told not to touch the wall with mine until the final pass. But then I scratched a finished ceiling with it, decided that the risks outweighed the very minimal benefits and never used it again.

Just ordered a nela mediflex like a sucker although used a blokes the other day and did feel good ditched my refina s*p*r*lex thought it was pony myself or maybe I wasn't using right got my new speed skim to try as well so should keep me occupied for a while been looking at hand tools lately and as I got most think need to step up into power tools but then it's real money to pay out

Just ordered a nela mediflex like a sucker although used a blokes the other day and did feel good ditched my refina s*p*r*lex thought it was pony myself or maybe I wasn't using right got my new speed skim to try as well so should keep me occupied for a while been looking at hand tools lately and as I got most think need to step up into power tools but then it's real money to pay out
Mediflex Is a nice trowel but only for last trowel or second last if it's firmed up enough and nice and flat. Anymore and it's not taking any ridges or bumps out it will just shine them up. Looks great til a lights on it or it painted.

Although i layed on with new nela premium out the box and i thought that was fine...

I reckon vincey will put the blockers on you joining

I give it a go gave up on all the trowels a while back had my mt a plazi my speedskim and a super flex felt I was way over complicating things so went back to how I was taught one trowel all the way through unless a ceiling and used speedskim to flatten had the blue blade so I've gone for the stainless blade give that whirl see what happens bloke already said if I don't like medi he buy off me if I don't like so can't lose really

I give it a go gave up on all the trowels a while back had my mt a plazi my speedskim and a super flex felt I was way over complicating things so went back to how I was taught one trowel all the way through unless a ceiling and used speedskim to flatten had the blue blade so I've gone for the stainless blade give that whirl see what happens bloke already said if I don't like medi he buy off me if I don't like so can't lose really

have to say the little plastering I do now I do it the old fashioned way as it is tried and tested and although all the new stuff is great I dont do enough to refine my style :D

Can't speak highly enough of the nela mediflex!
Use SS marshallTown to apply first, second coat and close in.
Then mediflex
I'd near enjoy skimming it's that easy
Had halogens and natural light along big walls and looks good to me

I'd go nela Carbon 13 inches
I wouldn't or if ye do ye can buy mine . Like breaking a slab of stone In on feathers . Mt xtralite are best all round trowel out there in my opinion. Got a razor sharp 14 in ss mt ye can have delivered for 60

I wouldn't or if ye do ye can buy mine . Like breaking a slab of stone In on feathers . Mt xtralite are best all round trowel out there in my opinion. Got a razor sharp 14 in ss mt ye can have delivered for 60
True mate tbh that's why I'm loving the nela Carbon it's took a good while to get nice and is still flattish, I also have a mt Carbon still is a nice trowel but the curve on the blade now not what I want , only a personal choice mind , we all seem to like different things about different trowels, good job we got a massive selection to choice from innit :birra: nela on left , mt on right both near enough same age

IMG_9295.JPG

True mate tbh that's why I'm loving the nela Carbon it's took a good while to get nice and is still flattish, I also have a mt Carbon still is a nice trowel but the curve on the blade now not what I want , only a personal choice mind , we all seem to like different things about different trowels, good job we got a massive selection to choice from innit :birra: nela on left , mt on right both near enough same age

View attachment 19340
I got the Nela carbon and had a mare with it other day so fell out with it . Prefer a nice curved trowel personally. Next a mt extra lite

View attachment 19340

Do you finish with the Nela carbon or are you still using speedskim start to finish @Vincey ?
Depends what I'm skimming tbh lex, if there is plenty of space I'll go speedy if say I'm doing a tight Victorian hall stair way I'll go nela Carbon but always chuck gear on with nela no matter what it is I'm skimming now.

Oh and I do pull out a small ox trowel now for small hard to get in areas again that's as flat as f**k too

Mediflex Is a nice trowel but only for last trowel or second last if it's firmed up enough and nice and flat. Anymore and it's not taking any ridges or bumps out it will just shine them up. Looks great til a lights on it or it painted.
100 percent agree. Super and plazi ride over everything. No feedback., Bumps everywhere. Plus I like to cut the ceiling lines and corners in with the toe of my marshy. Get them knife edge sharp

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk