new transit

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardbrown

Private Member
I know I have always slagged off transits and I still think they are a bit crap but I am finding my transporter a bit small and its frustrating me.

I went to the local vw dealer today and they wanted £30k plus vat for a new SWB crafter which made me choke, on the way home I thought I would just pop into ford. They have a pre reg (0miles) metallic black trend mwb transit with air con, cruise, electric pack for £15k plus vat. Half the price of the crafter.

Do I struggle on with my beloved transporter (love you babes) or sell it and buy the new transit?.

Any advice much welcomed.

Rich

The new new one on the paper today does look very nice! £15k? is that a end of the line model?

ford are definitely getting a lot better and I have to say they are not bad vans... or cars...

Stick to VW, I just bought a swb crafter 2500 miles boarded out, demonstrator air con 14500, new 1.9 engine, drives nicer than a transporter which I had before.

If they didnt rust they would be awesome. I just get mine touched up on the sills and arches every now and again

we do not even possess a van now. all we use for work are mazda pickup trucks so much easier to load, put a 8 by 4 sheet on the back, carry a one ton load and the vehicle will work for ever

transits all the way, im just looking at getting another one.twin cab pick up thats 26k with the vat

fords are a bit boring but the engines are very good and theyre value for money. just the rust issue. if the new ones dont rust too much they must be as good as any other van on the market

ive had a few vans and the transit gotta be the best, reliable, great drive and fit plasterboard in the back, what more could you want

my tranny was awsome never missed a beat even in the heavy snow couple of years ago i was stuck in traffic for 10 hours but the tranny just kept goin it was every other barst getting stuck that stopped me making progress

I have had a transit for a few months due to my electrics blowing up on my combo never looked backed don't know how I managed without a transit lol

ive got a 58 plate transit nice van to drive but body work lets them down spots of rust through already

Transit is THE work van. Value for money, spacious, reliable, nice to drive. I think VW are nice but they're over priced to fcuk. Lets face it, 20-30 grand for a van???? To chuck plaster into? Buy a Transit and look after it properly and it will serve you well!! God bless America!!! lol

What can a 20-30 grand van do that a 5-10 grand van can't?
your 5-10k van isnt a LWB Sprinter with aircon, suspension seat, cruise control multifunction steering wheel, built in bluetooth, touchshift gearbox, 165 bhp, electric heated mirrors, parking sensors, adaptive esp, 3 years warrenty and 5 years servicing, a fair bit more id say. ive bought old vans before, even if you get a gooden your still have to muck about servicing, mot, tyres, disc pads so on and so on.
It only works out at £10 a day to have a top of the range new one with all the goodies you want, after 3 years take it back and use it as a deposit on a new one.

If you were a suit it wouldn't look good turning up to the office in a rusty old banger, so why should you as a tradesman?

your 5-10k van isnt a LWB Sprinter with aircon, suspension seat, cruise control multifunction steering wheel, built in bluetooth, touchshift gearbox, 165 bhp, electric heated mirrors, parking sensors, adaptive esp, 3 years warrenty and 5 years servicing, a fair bit more id say. ive bought old vans before, even if you get a gooden your still have to muck about servicing, mot, tyres, disc pads so on and so on.
It only works out at £10 a day to have a top of the range new one with all the goodies you want, after 3 years take it back and use it as a deposit on a new one.

If you were a suit it wouldn't look good turning up to the office in a rusty old banger, so why should you as a tradesman?

Posh snob lol. :RpS_lol:

good point,well made that.

i had a company transporter for a while loved it but only because it was quick, i soon realised theres too many speed cameras and my licence is my living i want to keep it clean so for me it wassnt worth the risk, plus the transit the company had was a j reg so i prefered the nice new vw but the j reg transit never broke down and the vw did......fooking tranny had 370000 on the company reccords.
for me given the choice id go transit everytime. if vw wernt so expensive it might be different but thier not so it aint haha

Yes yes i know all that mate :RpS_wink: ,
but apart from that?

What i asked was - what can the actual 20-30k van do that a 5-10k van can't ?

What does it do different in everyday use?

That was my question mate, not what has it got & what does it come with :RpS_biggrin:

Ive got a 58 transit. It gets me to work comfortably. Carries all my tools. I can fit coving in it and i dont have to juggle the back of the van just to get an 8x4 in. Oh and it still goes through the maccys drive through....apparently...

Ive got a 58 transit. It gets me to work comfortably. Carries all my tools. I can fit coving in it and i dont have to juggle the back of the van just to get an 8x4 in. Oh and it still goes through the maccys drive through....apparently...

Apparently :RpS_laugh:

Yes yes i know all that mate :RpS_wink: ,
but apart from that?

What i asked was - what can the actual 20-30k van do that a 5-10k van can't ?

What does it do different in everyday use?

That was my question mate, not what has it got & what does it come with :RpS_biggrin:
What does it do different? Well the aircon keeps me cool.... lol
Peace of mind that I can get in it at any time day or night and it will start, a better image for your business, customers are always impressed with how we keep our vans. if your clever about it buying new dosent cost any more when you work it out on paper, you just have a bit of dosh tied up in it. But hey it depends what your into, i like vans, cars and bikes, a mate of mine that does well likes coke and booze.

My van is 4 years old and cost 8k wezly and its spotless so whats that got to do with anything? Ive also got air con. I can also get in mine any time day or night (because some vans dont work at night) and itll start. Ive had a citroen a fiat and a transit and theres no other van but ford for me now

What does it do different? Well the aircon keeps me cool.... lol
Peace of mind that I can get in it at any time day or night and it will start, a better image for your business, customers are always impressed with how we keep our vans. if your clever about it buying new dosent cost any more when you work it out on paper, you just have a bit of dosh tied up in it. But hey it depends what your into, i like vans, cars and bikes, a mate of mine that does well likes coke and booze.

Damn was expecting you to say it doesn't do anything different :-(
Oh well.
:RpS_biggrin:

Nah my point was mate it doesn't do anything different physically:

Both vans get you from a to b.
Both vans load up with materials & tools.
Etc..

Yes the 20-30k van keeps you cool & your bum comfy but its a lot of extra wedge to spend just for that!
When you can just take your top off & open the windows & put a cushion under ya batty :RpS_thumbsup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.