new to the trade

Members online

liam@

I am just starting out at college.I was adviced to buy a marshalltown permashape PB145GDH.When it arrived I am not sure if this is for putting first two coats on or for finishing the final coat.I am looking for advice for my first trowel,any help would be great.TIA.

I am just starting out at college.I was adviced to buy a marshalltown permashape PB145GDH.When it arrived I am not sure if this is for putting first two coats on or for finishing the final coat.I am looking for advice for my first trowel,any help would be great.TIA.

welcome

@John j

Yup. Start to finish. Lay on and trowel up.

welcome along

Welcome.Marshalltown is a good choice.Stainless or carbon is a personal choice.I prefer carbon but it does’nt really matter once the job is done and the money is in your pocket.

Learn to use 1 trowel from start to finish first then you can waste your money on all the fancy ones.

I'd go for the PB13GSD me sen pal lovely trowel start to finish
little bit smaller than the one you've been advised to get but it will be a lot easier to control and work with especially just starting out.

Last edited:
I prefer the gold en mate . Think its PB 1 c3p0
c3po.gif