New to site - just looking for advice

Hummingbird1983

Hey everyone I’m Mark. I’ve come to this site to get some advice about some work that is supposed to be happening on my house. In the summer, we moved into a new home that needed a complete renovation. We hired a plastering firm to carry out all repair and plastering works, inclusive of a new extension. We’ve had nothing but trouble with them, they are amateur and unreliable. Original work was meant to be done ‘within 3 weeks’. Now, I understand there are set backs but it was 20th August start date. Cut a story short, the final piece of work was rendering the block extension. They’ve been after numerous attempts, phone calls, messages to put the silicone base on in preparing for the k rend application, but I’m not confident this is going to be done or whether it now can with the winter months. My question is, how long can the base coat of k rend be left ? I’m aware this is ‘ protecting’ the block work now, which is a double skin of course, but I don’t want to leave this until spring next year if it’s unnecessary. Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks,

Mark

Are you pissed off with the quality of the works or the fact they have messed around in getting your job done have u paid them in full

Hey everyone I’m Mark. I’ve come to this site to get some advice about some work that is supposed to be happening on my house. In the summer, we moved into a new home that needed a complete renovation. We hired a plastering firm to carry out all repair and plastering works, inclusive of a new extension. We’ve had nothing but trouble with them, they are amateur and unreliable. Original work was meant to be done ‘within 3 weeks’. Now, I understand there are set backs but it was 20th August start date. Cut a story short, the final piece of work was rendering the block extension. They’ve been after numerous attempts, phone calls, messages to put the silicone base on in preparing for the k rend application, but I’m not confident this is going to be done or whether it now can with the winter months. My question is, how long can the base coat of k rend be left ? I’m aware this is ‘ protecting’ the block work now, which is a double skin of course, but I don’t want to leave this until spring next year if it’s unnecessary. Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks,

Mark
If you need rendering doing and if you can find him and you can afford him maybe you can hire the man the myth the legend @Topspread16