New to plastering

Members online

Cfidler1

Hi, looking to start new into the trade. Going on an intense course in April. Looking to gain some experience. At the moment looking for evening work abd weekend work for someone to show me the ropes.

Can only do this at the moment as with current job. (Need to pay the bills)

Hope someone can help.
I live in Brighton.

Hi, looking to start new into the trade. Going on an intense course in April. Looking to gain some experience. At the moment looking for evening work abd weekend work for someone to show me the ropes.

Hope someone can help.
I live in Brighton.
Honestly save your money grab someone in the trade and learn that way best decision you will ever make not going on course

Hope someone can help.
I live in Brighton.
Welcome and good luck.What level do you expect to be after the course?.

Bloody hell! If he payed a spread that for 10 days tuition he would learn double/triple what he’s going to learn on a course. What a rip-off these courses really are! I might have to run some private courses lol.
Yeah your right that’s why I was trying to say get in with a spread ......give him the money lol

You've got to feel for the people that buy into these courses. They get sold it that they'll be ready to go at a decent standard after completing it.mate of mine spent between 2-3k on a course. Came a plastered a wall for me on a job and I had to finish it as it was all going wrong. He'd never even had to skim round a plug socket before... Was a 3 meter wall and he couldn't do it

A lot of problems come from the lack of one thing these skills courses are limited to SPACE... there not that big so that cannot give each pupil a good size living room with all the problems that we encounter everyday be it doors, windows and along others etc so when they come against this there f**k*d !

A lot of problems come from the lack of one thing these skills courses are limited to SPACE... there not that big so that cannot give each pupil a good size living room with all the problems that we encounter everyday be it doors, windows and along others etc so when they come against this there f*kd !
I agree to a point, but how hard would it be to show them a few problems that they'll come up against. Paying 2k+ and the instructors can't be arsed to put a socket on the wall? Mount abit of plywood as if it's a radiator and say skim as far behind that as you can etc... It's not really lack of space, it's the fact they don't really care what standard people leave at. They get paid no matter how s**t the tuition is

Hope someone can help.
I live in Brighton.

Heard about that course