New stilts

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loowaay

Hello I'm new to site! Just wondering if anyone has got or used the new stilts that are on sale in screwfix?! All advie on what ones to get welcome please !

Can't advise on the screw fix ones as I haven't seen em.got the marshaltown skywalker ones I think they a called.kin lovely,spring
loaded and comfortable to wear.

I think that's ones they got in there, are they blue? They are marshalltown ones in screwfix think they are skywalkers but herd there are two types?

Yep the feet are blue,got good spring to mimic the natural walking action.they better not be cheaper from screwfix:RpS_sneaky:

Not sure,I got the newer ones with the spring on the front of the foot/ankle joint.they were over 300.im a bit like the south African sprint guy,Oscar pistorious.:RpS_laugh:

No but I've banged my head off of door frames, light fittings:RpS_thumbsup: I had a cheap pair years ago, think they were called pro lite, pro lite my arse they were feckin heavy, ended up getting an aching back when ever I used them, think i paid £50 for them. Binned them and got marsh stilts what a difference:RpS_thumbup:

the ones with the red spring on the front are defo the best.faaaar more comfortable, had mine years now and they still going strong, no way id go back to the first edition marsh ones. think there called skywalker two's

yes fell into bathroom wall while working in Ireland earth wire caught around the bottom foot was stuck with my hand in the plasterboard my mate had to pull me out

the ones with the red spring on the front are defo the best.faaaar more comfortable, had mine years now and they still going strong, no way id go back to the first edition marsh ones. think there called skywalker two's

Dont suppose you know what skywalkee ones are like? In screwfix the twos do seem better but more pricey ! Worth the extra 100?!

the best stilts out there are sur mag 11 stilts i have had all types the marshalltowns with the red spring the worst imo

I agree with the surmag 11 stilts they are in my experience the most comfortable, the only thing is that the brace around the knee the sponge/ foam padding gets very thin after a while and the plastic surrounding digs into the leg ( very uncomfortable ), on this web site they do a similar version to Dura stilts with an updated brace around the legAll-Wall.com - Drywall Tools Superstore , its an american site but shows some options. Take a look at the magnesium ones as they are lighter than the aluminium ones. The Marshalltown 2.0 look good but thats it, they are very clumpy to walk on and heavy, the only good thing about them are the quick release system. I think the cheap versions of stilts that you see for sale are of the original Dura Stilt design but are made of cheap low grade metals that where away.

I agree with the surmag 11 stilts they are in my experience the most comfortable, the only thing is that the brace around the knee the sponge/ foam padding gets very thin after a while and the plastic surrounding digs into the leg ( very uncomfortable ), on this web site they do a similar version to Dura stilts with an updated brace around the legAll-Wall.com - Drywall Tools Superstore , its an american site but shows some options. Take a look at the magnesium ones as they are lighter than the aluminium ones. The Marshalltown 2.0 look good but thats it, they are very clumpy to walk on and heavy, the only good thing about them are the quick release system. I think the cheap versions of stilts that you see for sale are of the original Dura Stilt design but are made of cheap low grade metals that where away.
fnckoff and take your wannk advertising elsewhere

fnckoff and take your wannk advertising elsewhere
whts that all about? I am a plasterer from ESSEX and have put a link from america so where the hell am i advertising for myself was merely a link where i have shopped.

Personally i'm not keen on the marshalltowns or the durastilts. I have 2 pairs of Ulka stilts, 1 that i've had for 5 years now and they're still going strong. The only reason i have 2 pair is one set is longer as it seems to be the craze at the moment to have 3m high ceilings or like the 5 bed bungalow i did a few months back 3.4m high ceilings.

The tru-strides don't look bad, i can remember looking years back and there was a company that made you really exceptional ones that were the same price range as the marshalltowns but were lighter and looked the the mutts nuts.

Try looking in the B&Q discount bin. My brother in-law picked up a pair of the skywalker SW24's for £65 brand new at the wisbech branch.

Status
Not open for further replies.