New Speedskim SF for finishing

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Apprentice

I've been using the new version of the speedskim SF blade, the big difference being that you can finish with this blade as well as for flattening off. I've got a really good finish now, again it's down to your timings, but it's loads easier than having to keep wrapping tools. Only used the 1200 and the 600 and finding that I tend to use the 600 more toward the final trowel.
I know it's not for everybody but it ticks the boxes for me and worth giving it a go imho

Oh and by the way, this is my 1st post with the iPad I won on the World Cup sweepstake. All in all happy days

The new blue blades are awesome finished a 4metre high ceiling with the 1800mm s/skim on a pole the other day. 3 passes with the sskim, final tickle with the superted which it didn't really need.
I'm so glad I persevered with the speed skim after my initial thoughts of what is this shite, if you haven't one you need to buy one, if you have one but don't get it, keep going with it till you do.

Eze spat for me bud. We tried Bens @SpankySouthports speedskim in France on MP finish I was horrified at what it did and suggested it going in skip asap!!! Switched to the eze spat and never looked back and immediately ordered one for myself when we got back to blighty!! Use it all the time now leaves a great finish :RpS_thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Eze spat for me bud. We tried Bens @SpankySouthports speedskim in France on MP finish I was horrified at what it did and suggested it going in skip asap!!! Switched to the eze spat and never looked back and immediately ordered one for myself when we got back to blighty!! Use it all the time now leaves a great finish :RpS_thumbup:

Greg which speed skim blade did you use blue or grey? The grey is only for first flatten anything else and it's crap the blue blades are the nuts mate

Last edited by a moderator:
It was like a cavity closer?? Flappy rubber thing with ridges on it? Was shite it tore the first coat of MP and that was that for me as it was a big ceiling. So plan B came into action (eze spat) and it was brilliant. I believe the Refina ones are great too and lighter?? I take your word for the speedskim new blade mate but I've got 2spare blades for my spat so won't be changing anytime soon lol :RpS_thumbup: unless you get Ben @spanksouthport to manhandle your spat blades ripping them out claiming to know what he's doing!!?? :RpS_scared:

my speedskim got sold ages ago... use the refina spat now.. top bit of gear, I even use the hand spat for flattening off on walls.. saves a pile of time.. not used the P1SS spat, but imagine there as good...

The new blue blades are awesome finished a 4metre high ceiling with the 1800mm s/skim on a pole the other day. 3 passes with the sskim, final tickle with the superted which it didn't really need.
I'm so glad I persevered with the speed skim after my initial thoughts of what is this shite, if you haven't one you need to buy one, if you have one but don't get it, keep going with it till you do.

Where did you buy the speedskim with blue blade mate?

They have recently chamged from grey to bkue. Are the bkue ones different as they kook the same as the grey ones

On a different note hust seen the refina adjustable pole for their spats. Pole only £75 on ebay.. thats a criminal price

They have recently chamged from grey to bkue. Are the bkue ones different as they kook the same as the grey ones

I cant believe just how different they are when they look virtually identical,
Any who thought the grey bladed speed skim is crap needs to try the new blade before writing it off.

It was like a cavity closer?? Flappy rubber thing with ridges on it? Was shite it tore the first coat of MP and that was that for me as it was a big ceiling. So plan B came into action (eze spat) and it was brilliant. I believe the Refina ones are great too and lighter?? I take your word for the speedskim new blade mate but I've got 2spare blades for my spat so won't be changing anytime soon lol :RpS_thumbup: unless you get Ben @spanksouthport to manhandle your spat blades ripping them out claiming to know what he's doing!!?? :RpS_scared:

Lol fair dos pal, although think you'd be amazed at the difference the new blades make. :RpS_thumbup:

As windy says there all blue now since about april I think there bloody brilliant. Have replaced the whole set with them.

I had the grey one and it was ok, until it turned into a banana. Are these blue blades good brand new?

They have just brought a new blue blade out, the ridges stop before the end, you can still use them for flattening off between coats but also for finishing as well so not to be confused with the grey blades or the blue ones with the ridges right to the edge of the blade. They are also bringing out a blade guard to stop them getting damaged.
Just done a 3 bed semi reskim and I can't tell you how much easier it was and the quality was spot on

I had the grey one and it was ok, until it turned into a banana. Are these blue blades good brand new?

Used mine straight out of the box but I do round the corners off a bit. If the blade is bending its a fair bet that the groove that the plastic sits in is silted up, says not to but I put a bit of grease in mine to allow the blade to expand and contract .

I rounded the corners off mine also...

Had to change the timings with the blueblade though as they seemed a little stiffer than normal....

I rounded the corners off mine also...

Had to change the timings with the blueblade though as they seemed a little stiffer than normal....

Found the same, started using a pole for the last two trowels, got a very short one so handy on the walls as well, and find I can get more pressure on much easier

On a different note hust seen the refina adjustable pole for their spats. Pole only £75 on ebay.. thats a criminal price
That must have been the ltd edition gold plated one mate..lol... there no way near that price.. think about 45-55 quid.. lovely bit of kit, adjusts in seconds.. worth the money to me...

That must have been the ltd edition gold plated one mate..lol... there no way near that price.. think about 45-55 quid.. lovely bit of kit, adjusts in seconds..worth the money to me...

Fcuk me they've never made you actually pay for something have they:-0 craig the cheeky bstards.:RpS_laugh:

That must have been the ltd edition gold plated one mate..lol... there no way near that price.. think about 45-55 quid.. lovely bit of kit, adjusts in seconds..worth the money to me...

Fcuk me they've never made you actually pay for something have they:-0 craig the cheeky bstards.:RpS_laugh:
Didnt say I paid for it pal..lol..x but it is very good...

Status
Not open for further replies.