New screwgun

andrewcarter1

Hi lads , what cordless collated screwgun are you all using ? What's good and what to stay away from , I have had the spit 217 for the past 5 years and it's been spot on up till yesterday when it decided not to work so I'm on the lookout for a new one any brand. Cheers

H
Hi lads , what cordless collated screwgun are you all using ? What's good and what to stay away from , I have had the spit 217 for the past 5 years and it's been spot on up till yesterday when it decided not to work so I'm on the lookout for a new one any brand. Cheers
Hilti

Just bought my second festool, brilliant bit of kit. They need breaking in like a trowel, the battery life is awesome. Also a free third battery arrived today.

Hilti is the best, I had the makita collated and it was dreadful absolute dog s**t. I sent mine back to makita about 4 times for "repair" it came back still broken every time. Eventually they replaced it with a brand new one, which I offloaded on eBay and put the money towards a hilti.

Hilti is the best, I had the makita collated and it was dreadful absolute dog s**t. I sent mine back to makita about 4 times for "repair" it came back still broken every time. Eventually they replaced it with a brand new one, which I offloaded on eBay and put the money towards a hilti.
How much for the hilti ? Which one?

Just bought my second festool, brilliant bit of kit. They need breaking in like a trowel, the battery life is awesome. Also a free third battery arrived today.
Which one I have 2500 or 4500? I haven't heard much good about them on here before, but chippies like them

How much for the hilti ? Which one?
It was in the region of £400, quite expensive but if you look at the fixers that use them day in day out 99% use hilti. Not sure what model it is without going to the van, but they are quality. I couldn't deal with the stress of the makita jamming anymore I was having full on outbursts on site swearing at it, the only reason I didn't smash f**k out of it was because I kept sending it back to makita until i finally wore them down enough to replace it.

I think apart from hilti being good quality their after service care is really good I've heard, they will service your tools and I think you can lease stuff out from them aswell?

Which one I have 2500 or 4500? I haven't heard much good about them on here before, but chippies like them
4500 for tacking, axminster tools were best for price and battery life is brilliant, and the plus was an extra free battery from festool direct. I have used the hilt but.....

4500 for tacking, axminster tools were best for price and battery life is brilliant, and the plus was an extra free battery from festool direct. I have used the hilt but.....
Yes, I read about their promotion with the free battery it's definitely a sweetener

This is where Hilti is second to none . During the two years time I have owned my impact drive I dropped 3 times from 6m high, strait on the floor, once felt behind the cement boards- 4 floors down and still working. Yesterday had it back from Hilti - all internals replaced, like new and free of charge. My laser had similar history- within the 2 years they replaced internals and external components. Now is like new too. After the warranty period they will charge only 1/3 of the price or will make you offer to replace it with new one. Every battery is tested at the end of the 2 years and if is not 100%, which they never will, is replaced with brand new for £10. They are expensive, no doubt, but will eventually repay back all customers.

One is probably as good as the other, festools thing is just a little more civilised, it only uses the motor when pressure is put on the bit so batteries do 3000 screws on a charge. All I mean is they suit my work without the racket, metal stud or wood.

still twiddling my thumbs on a gun has anyone used these and can i only use hilti collated,thanks in advance

That's the new magazine vincey and works only with hilti. If you get the old one you can use any screws.

As someone said further up the thread, the dewalt one is a goodun if you're not gonna use it everyday. I got one and can't fault it.

I'm keeping a look out on ebay for a decent hilti for a half decent price , it's going to used for site work mainly so it's going to have some graft, if I were doing smaller works I would definitely get the dewalt because they are nearly half the price .

Many moons ago when I was windswept and interesting, I invested in a hilti sds drill ( yes, I know it's not the same), it was over 25 years ago, used it loads, never had it serviced, it's still going strong........nuffsaid.

ive had a144vsencofor four years nice and light had the 18v as well but found it to heavy if using all day never had any problems