new ritmo

DRplastering

took the plunge. got my training on saturday and pick the machine up. just a question to the machine guys. was it a good investment for your business???

im still learning with mine. but yeah its an investment. used mine about 10 times so far still get the s**t start days because forget to switch something

I packed mine up first time and hand balled to, took me 4 months before I wanted to see it again. Was f**k**g drenched in December with it, kink in the hose all backed up 5bags in the hopper had the extension on to glad it weren’t 10. Anytime I use it I spray 2 bags in a bucket first just if it goes bad i’ve Something to keep the piece lines going, all goes well use it on the reveals.

I packed mine up first time and hand balled to, took me 4 months before I wanted to see it again. Was f**k**g drenched in December with it, kink in the hose all backed up 5bags in the hopper had the extension on to glad it weren’t 10. Anytime I use it I spray 2 bags in a bucket first just if it goes bad i’ve Something to keep the piece lines going, all goes well use it on the reveals.
thats a good tip . sounds a nightmare. but it must get easier the more u use it

Only used it about 10 times to, it does get easier the more times you use it. More times than not it’s human error. Cracking machine for the size of it.

My first machine was a monojet. I got an experience machine man on. Just as well. If a scrap man was passing it would have been put on the back of it.

4 years in with the Ritmo and had every breakdown possible. I get diarrhoea just before I am about to turn it on.

But you learn by experience and most breakdowns are user error. Get everyone who is with you involved. The bag man needs to learn the machine inside out and learn how to monitor it. He needs to keep an eye on the manometer and water flow tube. If it changes from set up its a sign something is about to go wrong.

A mistake most new users make is they pump it too stiff. Hand ball consistency. It struggles and can cause blockages, trips. Also you are most likely to have the machine stop for no apparent reason. Everything will seem to be ok. The chances are your airpipe in the gun is blocked. Keep your file handy.

Good luck with it.

Only used it about 10 times to, it does get easier the more times you use it. More times than not it’s human error. Cracking machine for the size of it.
i agree.
sprayed parex mono 1st time this week. went well..
ocr not bad.to spray..
more fibrous basecoat is harder

My first machine was a monojet. I got an experience machine man on. Just as well. If a scrap man was passing it would have been put on the back of it.

4 years in with the Ritmo and had every breakdown possible. I get diarrhoea just before I am about to turn it on.

But you learn by experience and most breakdowns are user error. Get everyone who is with you involved. The bag man needs to learn the machine inside out and learn how to monitor it. He needs to keep an eye on the manometer and water flow tube. If it changes from set up its a sign something is about to go wrong.

A mistake most new users make is they pump it too stiff. Hand ball consistency. It struggles and can cause blockages, trips. Also you are most likely to have the machine stop for no apparent reason. Everything will seem to be ok. The chances are your airpipe in the gun is blocked. Keep your file handy.

Good luck with it.
sound advice cheers. and 3 of us are going on the training. so hopefully between 3 we can remember. and also have back up from the seller

i agree.
sprayed parex mono 1st time this week. went well..
ocr not bad.to spray..
more fibrous basecoat is harder
Do you use much k rend? All I get asked for and all that is stocked around here except Weber pral which is better but as soon as you say it’s more pitted and doesn’t have the shiny flec in they don’t want to know. You just use the soft r&s?

Do you use much k rend? All I get asked for and all that is stocked around here except Weber pral which is better but as soon as you say it’s more pitted and doesn’t have the shiny flec in they don’t want to know. You just use the soft r&s?
i couldnt get krend through my ritmo.1st go..
been spraying monoblanco parex which was easy to push through...

I took silicone k1 to the training day so les set it up with the water, goes through fine, it’s hit and miss through the diesel though.

Dan I still take my manual les gave me from training to check set up still , tbf I’ve posted most of my blockages and mess ups on here on threads too lol
Even today I found air leak near my gun , I’m always glad things went wrong cus always remember for the next time

Dan I still take my manual les gave me from training to check set up still , tbf I’ve posted most of my blockages and mess ups on here on threads too lol
Even today I found air leak near my gun , I’m always glad things went wrong cus always remember for the next time
everyones always posting negatives. do people got to work with machines and get good areas on with no greif ??

I’m thinking of getting it tattooed, be lost without it. Try to remember as much about setting up and clean out as I can then go back to it and do a checklist. Mine doesn’t say to turn vibrate on, second time I used it I was like wtf it’s thick and pissing. Only realised when I come to clean out. Turn the vibrator off, say it to the mrs while i’m glued to this to.

Don’t get me wrong

it’s best thing I did getting one and thanks goes to the many on forum who have helped out too big time
just gunna take.time..
once your up and running then its working with it without making a mess and cleaning wiyhout fkooding the place.lol

Anything mechanical can and will go wrong, but going through your checklist will help no end, like most things you learn by doing.

Is getting a mortar pressure meter in with the package? It is a meter you use to check how worn your r&s is. They are not cheap but well worth having one.

Also a brush for cleaning up the mortar outlet hole. Don’t rely on the wash out to clean it. You will get build up of crap around the base of the Manometer piston. If you get a piece of grit up the bore its a £200 fix. I find a texture gun brush fits.

Also with add-ons consider a purge pipe for pipe blockages. Ask your trainer for how to deal with a pipe blockage. Time is critical. If you can, lay it out straight and run your vehicle over it to crush the blockage then the purge pipe to flush it out.

Hopefully you will get a checklist on where to start looking when it stops. What to look at first to point you in the right direction.

Eg, is the power on?, water pressure ok?,manometer reading ok?

Also, you may get it backing up water onto your chamber for various reasons. This will mean emptying the hopper of dry powder quickly, and a quick clean out. Same if you get it running with no water although getting your rotar out of your stator might be difficult, faster changing it with a spare. This halfway through a wall will have to be done quickly. Get yourself a ratchet with the needed sockets in the toolbox and with teamwork, you will be up and running in minutes.

Ask your trainer how to get going again when you have let the barrel run dry, it can be done so long as you don't try the power button on the motor. If the water pressure gauge is on zero or below 2 bar then fix the problem then follow the procedure on how to get going again without a strip down.

Get the priming of the pot right on set up. Under or over will give you problems.

Also get some other Ritmo users telephone number handy, your dealer might be busy when you ring him.

Also have a spare r&s. That's a must have.