New plastered walls cracking

Ye but 10% he said it's usually 3%
Was pricing a big job 4 persimmon so hes like add 15
Yep 10% every new year for as long as I can remember. Just out of curiosity does anyone put labour up 10% too?
10% dsnt get added every year! 3-5% who we use then he said this year could be owt between 10-15% as he said there not making money on boards etc he said there finding it not worth it..bolloxs

ED1F3940-FF6D-4E6D-8DC3-2A7F581B26E0.png

Love the leaky pipe solution. That cluster of spots in the ceiling look a right rigmarole to work around :)

Do you take ur roads off Vince? I dont,I say I can get s plumber to take them off and back on £40 or il go round it..95% say go round it..but before I say that there ask if I can take off..always say no..gypo style..why should we bother taking them off and cause a fault when there cant be arsed paying £40..

To be fair he didn't tell me this could happen or any downsides of skimming. If I had I would have gone with boarding, but I wasn't presented with this option so here I am, cost wasn't an issue. Just want it done right. Luckily the kitchen and bathroom are all being boarded.

Hi all,

After around 4 months I have noticed some long (3, 4, 5ft +) cracks starting to appear in newly skimmed walls. I expected some hairline cracks, but these are giving me some concern as they're 1/2mm wide.

Old Victorian house, approx 1910, solid 9 inch walls. The walls that seem worse affected are the solid walls, not the internal studded/boarded walls, and the main culprit is the wall between me and next door (terraced), so hallway, stairs and landing wall, and bedroom wall on same side.

I don't know what the plasters exact prep was but he did hack back to brick in some areas as he said old plaster was blown (black crumbly stuff) (not the areas where the cracks are) and I remember seeing mesh tape in many places and a yellow and blue grit being used (I assume to create a solid key).

Some walls with the cracks haven't even been painted yet so are bare plaster, some have been mist coated only with leyland matt brilliant white paint, diluted with 30/40% water.

There's been no heating on at all in the house so hasn't dried too quickly.

I do get a hollow sound when I tap some of these areas so after researching these forums it sounds like plaster/render has blown? My research tells me best approach is to hack off hollow areas and redo but I really would like to avoid this. My plasterer is coming around Saturday to have a look, but do I have any other options?

I read that the usual approach to cracks is to widen them and fill but won't won't work if blown. I've read about tape, even using a syringe to inject PVA inside the cracked wall to promote adhesion?

Had a bit of a nightmare with this house, last thing I need is finished jobs giving me problems. Cheers

wasn't this gender neutral chancer was it?

His/her names lurpak

2017 0222-2.train room wall.JPG

To be fair he didn't tell me this could happen or any downsides of skimming. If I had I would have gone with boarding, but I wasn't presented with this option so here I am, cost wasn't an issue. Just want it done right. Luckily the kitchen and bathroom are all being boarded.

Your skim finish will only ever be as good as the background you're going on to.

If the spread you're using can't get the basics right, I'd be worried about the rest of the work they're doing.

Was pricing a big job 4 persimmon so hes like add 15

10% dsnt get added every year! 3-5% who we use then he said this year could be owt between 10-15% as he said there not making money on boards etc he said there finding it not worth it..bolloxs
Your defiantly ruff if your doing persimmon homes lol,