New pieces of kit

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Apprentice

Snapped my speedskim the other day and I had to go back to the old, some would say the traditional way of doing things. Made me realise how much better all these new pieces of kit make life easier, in a less physically demanding way. For you out there who still do things "traditionally", you need to give things like eze-spat, speedskim, flexi towels & plazi towels ago. I'm in the later stages of my career but boy do I wish these bits of kit had been about years ago, might not have had problems with my shoulder, elbow & wrist besides earning more money

I can see your point, but making things easier, and tools cheaper is a double edged sword IMHO.

Look at all of the trades now and there's a move towards the easier ways to do things, and tools are becoming cheaper. That's great for the tradesmen, but it's also good for the keen amateur as it gives them access and opportunities that they didn't have before.

I don't think it's a coincidence that plastering, carpentry, electrics or whatever have all suffered from an influx of 'short coursers' on pretty much the same time scale as the introduction of tools, materials and technology that make life easier.

I reckon snapping your speedy skim was a stroke of luck, the Eze spat on the other hand is excellent and the more I use it the more I like it. I've even just ordered another two from P1SS.

Not everything can be 'course learned' or 'store bought'.
I love most of the tools you mentioned above (apart from the plaziflex which is w@nk). still need keen eyes, a steady hand, and pride in what you do these things you either have or you don't and all the gear with no idea wont help with that.
also an encyclopaedic
Knowledge of how each material is going to react on what background before you start putting it on is something that only comes with years of experience.

personally i prefer the speedskim & plaziflex... I'v seen 3 other spreads using the spats (refina ones) and to be honest the finish was a crock of shite, maybe it was the way they used them maybe it wasn't but each to their own.

personally i prefer the speedskim & plaziflex... I'v seen 3 other spreads using the spats (refina ones) and to be honest the finish was a crock of shite, maybe it was the way they used them maybe it wasn't but each to their own.

it will defo be the way they use them mate..

Spreads are becoming like kids in a sweet shop with all the new trowels, I find it amusing to see people posting pictures of their trowels.

Spreads are becoming like kids in a sweet shop with all the new trowels, I find it amusing to see people posting pictures of their trowels.

we all know you would prefer to see lads posting pictures of their cocks...................possibly pics of the birds on here with their cocks

i think when all this piss sales bs stuff has fooked off there will be a big market for the next big thing , lets hope its not a 14 inch trowel , cause there is going to be a lot of mugs on here looking for a good reason to say why they bought a lemon

Snapped my speedskim the other day and I had to go back to the old, some would say the traditional way of doing things. Made me realise how much better all these new pieces of kit make life easier, in a less physically demanding way. For you out there who still do things "traditionally", you need to give things like eze-spat, speedskim, flexi towels & plazi towels ago. I'm in the later stages of my career but boy do I wish these bits of kit had been about years ago, might not have had problems with my shoulder, elbow & wrist besides earning more money

I have to ask how the fook do you manage to snap a speedskim?.

speaking of new kit; I knocked this up the other day after seeing @scottie5 picture of his mixing tub gurney thingamig. Thanks for posting it Scot, my only regret is I didnt make one years ago. Roll it from room to room , wall to wall effortlessly . Made life a lot easier :RpS_thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
speaking of new kit; I knocked this up the other day after seeing @scottie5 picture of his mixing tub gurney thingamig. Thanks for posting it Scot, my only regret is I didnt make one years ago. Roll it from room to room , wall to wall effortlessly . Made life a lot easier :RpS_thumbsup:

whats it like for doing stairs........................:RpS_sneaky:

Oliver I see you've simply Ripped off the beddy board... @Arti won't be happy

Oliver I see you've simply Ripped off the beddy board... @Arti won't be happy

ive already been on to our lawyers ste, I was gonna get him to rip Oli a new arsehole but he would enjoy it too much............we need to hit him where it hurts and hard..............................bollox, that wont put him off either............................we need to think outside the beddy box........:RpS_thumbup:

ive already been on to our lawyers ste, I was gonna get him to rip Oli a new arsehole but he would enjoy it too much............we need to hit him where it hurts and hard..............................bollox, that wont put him off either............................we need to think outside the beddy box........:RpS_thumbup:

already been in touch with my lawyer.......bring it on :flapper:

Not everything can be 'course learned' or 'store bought'.
I love most of the tools you mentioned above (apart from the plaziflex which is w@nk). still need keen eyes, a steady hand, and pride in what you do these things you either have or you don't and all the gear with no idea wont help with that.
also an encyclopaedic
Knowledge of how each material is going to react on what background before you start putting it on is something that only comes with years of experience.

I couldn't have put it better scottie 5 :RpS_thumbsup:

@Olican the state of that bucket is a disgrace, you should have bought a beddy brush rather than feck about making a weird looking skateboard.

I've not even tried to finish a wall with the spat, I just can't see it doing what my trowel will, but for that first flatten down they're excellent.

agree with Andy there, for flattening off they are awesome. Still finish everything with trowel though

@Olican the state of that bucket is a disgrace, you should have bought a beddy brush rather than feck about making a weird looking skateboard.

I've not even tried to finish a wall with the spat, I just can't see it doing what my trowel will, but for that first flatten down they're excellent.

Oy! leave my bucket alone, I cleaned it just the other month......:RpS_mad:

Hmm, better bring my 'A' game for that extension floor then. It'd be embarrassing if you wheeled it over to a wall then when you turned round it had rolled back across the room. :RpS_unsure:

What about a spot board on wheels think I'm on to something there I'm gonna put a patent on it before u lot Nick it "speedspot" lol

Mount the board on a shopping trolley, then you could store all your gear in it too. Feel free to use that idea, I don't want any royalties for it or anything 'cause I'm generous like that. :RpS_laugh:

Mount the board on a shopping trolley, then you could store all your gear in it too. Feel free to use that idea, I don't want any royalties for it or anything 'cause I'm generous like that. :RpS_laugh:
asda or tescos ??

View attachment 3990 @Olican
Oliver those 75ltr gauging tubs turned up the other day from Plastor , they're Identical
to the refina ones.
i got 2 for 80 quid inc vat so a bit cheaper, delivery was dear though £15 that said it still works out at 47.50 each delivered.
If anyones near there factory in maidenhead you can go and collect them in person.
Heres the link if anyone's interested.
www.plastor.co.uk/content/ref-rm75b-tapered-moulded-bin-75-litre-integral-handle

Oops the dislike was accidental andy sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.