New on the forum (One Sure Insurance)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my van renewal quote today and its went up by 83%....................:-0.
so sent them an email asking how it could possibly rise by this amount and here is there reply:

Thank you for your email.

I confirm that the renewal premium offered is higher than the price you paid last year. In an ideal world, the premiums would go down each year that an increased No Claim Discount was earned; however there are external factors which affect the insurance rates.

Whilst your details may not have changed, other external factors affect monetary markets and rates of insurance, therefore our quoted premium will reflect this. A major contributory factor is an insurer’s claims loss ratio – the greater the volume of claims reported, the higher the premium charged. A high exposure to claims would affect all policyholders, not just those who claim, as insurers are required to have sufficient funds to meet all future claims.

We strive to provide the best possible prices and service to all our customers. We apologise that we have been unable to meet your expectations with our premium this year.

Yours sincerely,

Sarah Ward Customer Services

Its all to do with external factors & Claim loss ratios................................:RpS_confused:

What they are basicly saying is that lets say the area you live in has had a major spike in fraudulent crimes or vehicle theft, unfortunately everybody in that area will feel the hit on their insurance come the next renewal.

It looks like a pretty standard response though to be honest and to be totally honest an 83% increase does seem odd, assuming none of your details have changed such as you have not lost your NCB or made a claim or something, which going off the response is the case.

As we all know insurance companies (Not only insurance too) do tend to have higher renewal premiums compared to new business, simpley as they are not trying to win the new business and as such do not add discounts automatically, what is often the case though is you can look around see what some other places are quoting then go back and ask if they can match it if you wish to stay with the company you use, some companies are better at this than other, some will simply say fine bye, some will try their best but if a good enough premium can not be done then that's unfortunate.

Hope that helps.

Got my van renewal quote today and its went up by 83%....................:-0.
so sent them an email asking how it could possibly rise by this amount and here is there reply:

Thank you for your email.

I confirm that the renewal premium offered is higher than the price you paid last year. In an ideal world, the premiums would go down each year that an increased No Claim Discount was earned; however there are external factors which affect the insurance rates.

Whilst your details may not have changed, other external factors affect monetary markets and rates of insurance, therefore our quoted premium will reflect this. A major contributory factor is an insurer’s claims loss ratio – the greater the volume of claims reported, the higher the premium charged. A high exposure to claims would affect all policyholders, not just those who claim, as insurers are required to have sufficient funds to meet all future claims.

We strive to provide the best possible prices and service to all our customers. We apologise that we have been unable to meet your expectations with our premium this year.

Yours sincerely,

Sarah Ward Customer Services

Its all to do with external factors & Claim loss ratios................................:RpS_confused:
Arti did you get a cheaper quote else where then????

What they are basicly saying is that lets say the area you live in has had a major spike in fraudulent crimes or vehicle theft, unfortunately everybody in that area will feel the hit on their insurance come the next renewal.

It looks like a pretty standard response though to be honest and to be totally honest an 83% increase does seem odd, assuming none of your details have changed such as you have not lost your NCB or made a claim or something, which going off the response is the case.

As we all know insurance companies (Not only insurance too) do tend to have higher renewal premiums compared to new business, simpley as they are not trying to win the new business and as such do not add discounts automatically, what is often the case though is you can look around see what some other places are quoting then go back and ask if they can match it if you wish to stay with the company you use, some companies are better at this than other, some will simply say fine bye, some will try their best but if a good enough premium can not be done then that's unfortunate.

Hope that helps.
so your advertising on here falsely then?

Arti try octagon. Got mine for £514. I was already with them but my renewal quote was still 724. Couldn't believe the same company gave me £200 discount. Madness.

Hope that helps.

Why? How do you figure that out?
because of that, surely it should say have a look round and we'll beat it cos your a plasterer. no??

Hope that helps.

I gave your lot a buzz today John and got it down to £650,since then av been scowering tinternet and got it down to £480 so far but gladiator want an excess of £350. I was a bit disappointed that my previous insurer Evan never even tried to lower my renewal price and ive been with them for 3 years.............loyalty means nowt i take it............:RpS_thumbdn:

One-Sure-Plasterers-forum-banner.jpg should do what it says on the tin shouldnt it?

I gave your lot a buzz today John and got it down to £650,since then av been scowering tinternet and got it down to £480 so far but gladiator want an excess of £350. I was a bit disappointed that my previous insurer Evan never even tried to lower my renewal price and ive been with them for 3 years.............loyalty means nowt i take it............:RpS_thumbdn:

Oh thank you for giving us the opportunity and do ensure you have the correct level of cover on the lower quote as often this can be an issue, an dont find out till one day when a claim is made.

Thats bad they did not try to lower at all for you as they were quite obviously over quoting in the first place.

Unfortunatly it seems to be the industry standard now to have little to no loyalty to customers in cases like this, through a mentality driven by the consumer who will change company because someone can do it 2 quid cheaper.

I know thats not the cases here if you have stayed with them for three years.

View attachment 2089 should do what it says on the tin shouldnt it?

It does an you still are unable to explain why it does not. Seems your just set on some sort of witch hunt to be honest just trying to cause trouble for nothing an try to wreck relationships your forum ower and I are trying to build in order to give you forum members an insurance service with someone on the forums to goto for to get help, advise an sort any issues that may arise.

View attachment 2089 should do what it says on the tin shouldnt it?

If you could give me an example where we have not stood upto what it says then please do. If your able to give an example where we have given cover then refused to give a full refund under the terms stated then I shall back down an say sorry, but you cant because its never happened.

witch hunt :RpS_lol::RpS_lol: look mate i couldnt give a rats arse if ya cheap or not, but on your advert it says cheapest van insurance for plasterers but you are not!!! i thought posting your advert was pretty much self explanatory
your clearly not the cheapest so you should not advertise as so!!!!!!!!! In my opinion
look no witch hunt or wizard hunt for that matter, just someone reading some knackers posted on a forum

did i read somewhere on here that the members of this most powerfull forum will get a discount if they ring a certain number or quote that they are from here???

If you could give me an example where we have not stood upto what it says then please do. If your able to give an example where we have given cover then refused to give a full refund under the terms stated then I shall back down an say sorry, but you cant because its never happened.
you on the stella?? go read all i have posted!! you not the cheapest ffs come back when ya sober!1 im out of here

witch hunt :RpS_lol::RpS_lol: look mate i couldnt give a rats arse if ya cheap or not, but on your advert it says cheapest van insurance for plasterers but you are not!!! i thought posting your advert was pretty much self explanatory
your clearly not the cheapest so you should not advertise as so!!!!!!!!! In my opinion
look no witch hunt or wizard hunt for that matter, just someone reading some knackers posted on a forum

did i read somewhere on here that the members of this most powerfull forum will get a discount if they ring a certain number or quote that they are from here???

Then why are you picking to only read the bits you want to back your wild acusations?

Which you have done a couple of times already.

We stand by the statement we advertise an its not false advertising

No special number for discounts either we always aim to be the cheapest an as the terms say where this is not the case give a full refund under the terms stated. The phone number is simply for tracking so we know how many deals have been done so we know if the advertising is worth paying for.

Erm hello I ment multiple times in this thread already.

An even now your unable to explain why its false advertising and have now resorted to further acusations and blatent rudeness.

ffs mate are you bleeding p!ssed up or what? it says CHEAPEST PLASTERERS VAN INSURANCE and your not fact!!!!! so that is false you catching on yet bleeding hell your hard work!! you said go look around and come back and we'll try and match it, saying you will beat it would have been better!!! even by a fiver

you get any of that??

No point in me carrying on as I have explained it enough times yet you resort to this behaviour.

Your refering to a statment made talking about a different company, an your only using part of our advert statement also.

The insurance industry is a difficult one.... I have been shafted left right and center in the past by insurance companies... just look at the travel insurance I took out and I lost £3500 but then when I got a life threatening disease I spent near on £60K and this was because of the level of cover and the fact that the insurance company we went with was not the cheapest!!

Everybody was moaning in a previous thread that they are fed up with losing jobs to people pricing cheaper well surely thats the same for insurance business???

I also think the point is if you take out a policy with one sure and you do find the same cover cheaper they will refund you or you can move to the new company... @johneva (please confirm or deny this) so in essence your in a win win situation....

A saying... dont blame the player blame the game...

Show One sure the support and I will make a promise that they will look after you....

I work hard to get deals and specials for the members here

A lot of you will know how hard I actually work and the hours I keep to try and improve the trade and all the sponsors will know that I have a morale obligation to ensure that the TPF community is looked after by the sponsors and that has stood from day one of TPF and wont change.

Show your support for the community and work with the sponsors... if you dont like them then thats fine but please at least respect them :)

Danny

? Danny

Cheapest Insurance Guaranteed
or we will give you a full refund*

* Take out an insurance policy with One-Sure Insurance and if you find a cheaper Insurance quotation within 48 hours, subject to written proof being received that the Insurance quotation is on a like for like basis, we will cancel the Insurance policy and issue you with a full refund.

:confused:

got it down to £395 with comparethemeerkat.com..................even get a free toy for the dog.................... :RpS_thumbsup:

The dog loves to..................erm....................love them...................:RpS_wink:

@johneva got a general question and hope you can answer it. when you buy insurance and you can add extras like personal accident & legal cover (which covers you if the accident is not your fault). is it not better to just use a "No win No fee" solicitor and have a lower premium by not adding these extra's. Also if it is your fault and you dont have these extra's doesnt your insurance company payout anyway?

Last edited by a moderator:
@johneva got a general question and hope you can answer it. when you buy insurance and you can add extras like personal accident & legal cover (which covers you if the accident is not your fault). is it not better to just use a "No win No fee" solicitor and have a lower premium by not adding these extra's. Also if it is your fault and you dont have these extra's doesnt your insurance company payout anyway?

Not 100% sure to be honest I will try and find out more information on Monday and get back to you on that one.

My job is dealing with Internet Marketing and not been with One Sure very long, so I don't really know all the different products in detail yet.

Just a guess at this stage, but I have had this thought, I maybe way off the mark as I say will need to speak to someone who knows more about this.

Legal cover is normally around £15-£25 a year I think depending who its with.

Now if you use a no win no fee service they will want a cut of any money gained from using them, normally around 25% or something daft I think, so if you have used them to pursue a case for your £25,000 car that could mean you end up with a lot less.

If it's a case with injury's as well this could make a huge difference to what you get back at the end of it all too, even just a small injury case is normally £4000 or so. If it was something more serious this figure could get into silly money.

As I say this is all just a theory and my understanding of it at this stage though.

Status
Not open for further replies.