New mixer

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only gripe with the bosch are the shite side handle that keep snapping. Other than that - bullet proof.

The are all great drills, I'd use any of them ,Bosch pricey though ,
Have two secondhand ones in my lockup .need servicing, for some reason the were mixing slow ..

Use my side handle at opposite to trigger handle, find it far more comfy to swing about [emoji3]

Grw 11e I think is the original. Expensive but unbreakable
I found the 11e now,I then went onto the Bosch site and it says the 12e has significantly more power than its predecessor namely the 11e,it is 1200w one gear and 1800w two gear,I just can't work out why the 12e is cheaper than 11e?

I found the 11e now,I then went onto the Bosch site and it says the 12e has significantly more power than its predecessor namely the 11e,it is 1200w one gear and 1800w two gear,I just can't work out why the 12e is cheaper than 11e?

The 12 e has higher watt output, but the torque doesn't go near the 11 e.

Exactly.
Nothing comes close. 105nm vs 15nm on the new!
The 12e has 1 speed as opposed to 2 (2 better for stiff mixing+ multi).
Not an improvement in my eyes but just makes sense nowadays. If like @irish_spread says they're lasting that long, why carry on making 1 drill for every 15 odd years vs the new one which I guess will be less (sell more..more often)

The 1800w is not available in the uk - only in Europe. :rolleyes:

I work on domestics so happy to use 240 instead of 110.
So i can use my trusty B&Q jobby , 1200w , pro power or some daft name like that.
I use the MT quick mix , the rectangular yoke , does a bag of bonding in seconds and as stiff as i want.
They dont make them anymore so im hoping it keeps going , my last one went for years of daily use and never changed the brushes once, mate used it for something and broke it.
Had this one around 5 years!
£30 i think it cost :) But i do look after it like all my tools , back in the box every evening :)

My old boss had one of those paddles. Great for mixing but chews the bucket to f**k

My old boss had one of those paddles. Great for mixing but chews the bucket to f**k

Aye been doing my head in lately , had to buy 2 new buckets at £4 each the past few months.
Any shite under the bucket and the whisk cuts a hole in it

Everywhere I look the Bosch is discontinued. Looks like the 12 is the replacement. Think I'm gonna go with the 1800 megamixer

The metabo mixers are eibenstock motors. Yes they are the nuts. Had 2 and both still going fine. Bought 12 years ago. Terrific value, considering the wattage they're proper workhorses mono, screed etc.

Its not hard for a shite company to make a decent mixer , its only a motor with a few handles really ..... If its a decent motor it will last years 50-500 quid ....

I just bought a festool mx1600, seems a decent one for £305, will see how good it is when it's delivered, if it's crap will go on eBay and get a metabo or eibenstock

I just bought a festool mx1600, seems a decent one for £305, will see how good it is when it's delivered, if it's crap will go on eBay and get a metabo or eibenstock
Just had the Refina MM21 delivered,looks quality,let's see how it performs on Monday!!

Status
Not open for further replies.