New mixer

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brecks73

I need to buy a new mixer,is the Refina MM 21 the best bet to go for,will it handle really stiff mixes of drywall as well as small half mix of skimming?

Just seen the Refina MM21 for £235 from Romford tools,free delivery,seems like a fair price.
Does anyone on here use one and how do you rate them?

Alfra eibenstock 1800w this what I'm using bit heavy but will go all day it comes with a positive paddle normally so you might have to get the negative one for plaster

I have used them for years , plasterersonestopshop sell new mixers that are brilliant and much cheaper than Bosch, eibenstock, great people to deal with ,great for helping out plasterers down on there luck too,

Agreed.

Galloping horses wouldn't pull me away from my Bosch though. [emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji3]

Not this all over again !!!??? The eibenstock has been going for years in Germany and the refina drill made in the same factory different handles and colour thats it !? Oh no forgot the refina is more expensive too!! The 1800w eibenstock is the dogs and had mine ages and whips couple of bags up perfect in less than a minute!! Or just get a nutribullet 900 instead and at least be healthy??? (y)

Not this all over again !!!??? The eibenstock has been going for years in Germany and the refina drill made in the same factory different handles and colour thats it !? Oh no forgot the refina is more expensive too!! The 1800w eibenstock is the dogs and had mine ages and whips couple of bags up perfect in less than a minute!! Or just get a nutribullet 900 instead and at least be healthy??? (y)

could not have said it better myself :)

I did quite like my makita one as well... but not seen any for sale though :-\ http://www.plasterersnews.com/the-makita-u1600-1800w-plaster-mixer-review/

Alfra eibenstock mixer on ebay. You can get the 1800w for £285 with a negative paddle if you message him

I work on domestics so happy to use 240 instead of 110.
So i can use my trusty B&Q jobby , 1200w , pro power or some daft name like that.
I use the MT quick mix , the rectangular yoke , does a bag of bonding in seconds and as stiff as i want.
They dont make them anymore so im hoping it keeps going , my last one went for years of daily use and never changed the brushes once, mate used it for something and broke it.
Had this one around 5 years!
£30 i think it cost :) But i do look after it like all my tools , back in the box every evening :)

Agreed.

Galloping horses wouldn't pull me away from my Bosch though. [emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji3]
When I last bought a mixer i saw the Bosch at the time and didn't really give it a second look,it was a few years ago mind,have you used both Bosch and alfra/refina and as it doesn't have the wattage of the others does it put out the same mixing power?

I've had 2 drills in 28yrs, both Bosch. 1st one got nicked, present one I've had since 2003. Replaced a few switches in them 28 yrs (1st one was 2nd hand) and a load of paddles. Hardwall, compound , multi etc. You can't do better than that
Do they only do the one model?il have a search on tinternet :)

When I last bought a mixer i saw the Bosch at the time and didn't really give it a second look,it was a few years ago mind,have you used both Bosch and alfra/refina and as it doesn't have the wattage of the others does it put out the same mixing power?

If I remember right the turning torque on the bosch grw11e (£450ish) is over 100nm in the slow gear!

Not sure what the eibenstock is but every time I check it out on other rival drills nothing even comes close.
It would be interesting to know though if @Plasterers1StopShop has spec on the alfra?

I've had 2 drills in 28yrs, both Bosch. 1st one got nicked, present one I've had since 2003. Replaced a few switches in them 28 yrs (1st one was 2nd hand) and a load of paddles. Hardwall, compound , multi etc. You can't do better than that

Same as that.
I haven't owned a mega mixer, but I've worked alongside a friend that had one, granted, this is my only experience of them and I'm aware there are different models, and I'm not sure which he had but it was a BIG one!!
It had a 'slow' start, and the whisk was 160mm diameter, the Bosch ones are smaller, 120mm?, but mixed gear just as quick if not quicker, the Bosch has a quicker rpm in top gear.
Don't be frightened of the low wattage, there will never be a chance of burn out, indeed I put the bigger whisk on it when I'm mixing hardwall in a hot tub, I've also mixed krend mono & dash, s&c with it, it's indestructible!
The problem I find with the big whisk is if you mix in a gorilla tub but just need 3/4 of a tub it's a tendency to splash, the smaller, quicker whisk doesn't.
That's my two penneth! Lol!
Go for it Kreigh, it will last longer than you, that's a promise!

If I remember right the turning torque on the bosch grw11e (£450ish) is over 100nm in the slow gear!

Not sure what the eibenstock is but every time I check it out on other rival drills nothing even comes close.
It would be interesting to know though if @Plasterers1StopShop has spec on the alfra?
Ive used the 1800w refina, 1600 w belle and bosch and the bosch is a different beast. Not as comfortable as H handles on the refina etc but so much torque! Im in the market for a new mixer and would go for the bosch if it wasnt £150 more than the refina which I know is up to the all the jobs I'd use it for.

Ive used the 1800w refina, 1600 w belle and bosch and the bosch is a different beast. Not as comfortable as H handles on the refina etc but so much torque! Im in the market for a new mixer and would go for the bosch if it wasnt £150 more than the refina which I know is up to the all the jobs I'd use it for.

I got one about 8 years ago for about 300 on eBay , I remember because I couldn't believe it was so cheap. As they were nearly 500 25 years ago!

That's the one. I threw away the Bosch paddle it came with and got a cullamix 160 one. Not sure if it's positive or negative one but when it mixes the drill rises out of the bucket meaning you push it back in as opposed to the other one which pulls the drill into the bucket which means you're straining to pull it up

105 in slow gear

That's the one. I threw away the Bosch paddle it came with and got a cullamix 160 one. Not sure if it's positive or negative one but when it mixes the drill rises out of the bucket meaning you push it back in as opposed to the other one which pulls the drill into the bucket which means you're straining to pull it up

That's called negative mate. I've got a 110v bought 2nd hand and a 240v bought new in 2003, just brushes sorted on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.