Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holty

Hello everybody,

I'm new to the forum and fairly new to plastering too. I'm self employed in property maintenance covering carpentry, decorating and now plastering. Hoping to pick up a few tips here and there that will help me improve.
Tips on how to use this site would be useful too - it took me ages to find the 'post new topic' button and it seems that it's not always there when you need it!
I only do smaller/simple jobs that I can handle on my own but would like to be able to take on larger jobs in the future. I'm fairly clean and tidy at work and hardly ever drop plaster on the floor anymore! My corners are neat and my finish isn't too bad at all. But I do have a couple of questions:
1. My finish is quite smooth now but what can I do to get it flatter?
2. How do you get window reveals straight without corner beads?

Lee.

1. spend more time on it and give it a few extra polishes.

2. Always use beads around any external corner. Always...
supposing he has work to do upto an external corner .. but only has one side of wall or reveal to do. how would he then do this if there is a bead on the corner ?

supposing he has work to do upto an external corner .. but only has one side of wall or reveal to do. how would he then do this if there is a bead on the corner ?
Use a thincoat ''stop'' bead. Only attatches to 1 side of the corner. As I said, always use beads. there's plenty different beads out there for all purposes.

Use a thincoat ''stop'' bead. Only attatches to 1 side of the corner. As I said, always use beads. there's plenty different beads out there for all purposes.
But that still leaves one side that will have to be filled and feathered in, imo best to feather into the corner of reveal so doing away with the need to bead

Status
Not open for further replies.