New Member Old House

GARRY BOYDE

Hi,
New to Plastering. So I started with something that most down my way have never heard of or used before... Joy.
But eager to learn and to get on with fixing up an old house.

Cheers,

Garry

Hi,
New to Plastering. So I started with something that most down my way have never heard of or used before... Joy.

Cheers,

Garry
DIY plastering is frowned upon in here mate, be prepared for a lot of abuse. Your allowed to work on your car, paint your house, do your garden but don’t dare attempt to try and plaster a wall lol

Best one I had he paid 1800 for a plastering course absolutely messed up one ceiling in his house then I did the rest in my time I have seen only 1 guy that had me in to do a ceiling that was too big for him but he did all walls and small ceiling I was impressed but it is very rare even after 15 years and this new s**t BG plaster it can be hard I can't tell you how many I have seen buy a trowel all tools do 1 room in there house and mess up badly but good luck depends how good you are with your hands I've seen builders and other trades try and mess it up too its not for everyone

Hi,

Cheers,

Garry
Pay a spread to help you ,
Start in a bedroom northern side of house. ( less sun on walls , see less imperfections )
He can put ceiling and maybe three walls, you do the window wall at the same time .
He can coach you whilst your at it and trowel yours up if not happy
Apart from reveals ( which are usually hidden with curtains ) the light is more forgiving .
Give you good practice with less chance of damage. Let him judge what you do in the next room

I remember when I was starting my mate just started not long before but could get it semi OK I was labouring for a construction company my mate said put plasterboard up in my garden tac it to my fence and keep skimming it lolz

I remember when I was starting my mate just started not long before but could get it semi OK I was labouring for a construction company my mate said put plasterboard up in my garden tac it to my fence and keep skimming it lolz
Too right , worry about the majority then move onto edges

Ahh.. I should have explained.. I know my limits... I'm no plasterer.. I have a man to sort the final finish out on me gaff. But base render... Hell I'm all over it... Bauwer light. Boom.

Pay a spread to help you
Naw, I don't want to spend time "teaching" even if they payed me job plus "teaching time". What so they can f**k up their house and have you coming back for more "teaching sessions". Till they get the idea they can ruin the houses of friends and family. Then one day some poor b*****d pays good money and bang the "apprentice" has made an absolute c**t of someone else's house.
I've been to jobs that have been f**k*d up by some have a go joe, the honest ones I feel sorry for, the cheapskates have got exactly what they deserved and they get a tut tut oh dear won't touch it.

Naw, I don't want to spend time "teaching" even if they payed me job plus "teaching time". What so they can fk up their house and have you coming back for more "teaching sessions". Till they get the idea they can ruin the houses of friends and family. Then one day some poor b***d pays good money and bang the "apprentice" has made an absolute c**t of someone else's house.
I've been to jobs that have been f*kd up by some have a go joe, the honest ones I feel sorry for, the cheapskates have got exactly what they deserved and they get a tut tut oh dear won't touch it.
Don't disagree , but theirs plenty of work out their and these cases just make the proper spreads look good, bad news travels faster , good spreads don't need to compete with havagojo ' s
really bad choice of my username but makes me smile , a bit ironic if you new me lol

Pay a spread to help you ,
Start in a bedroom northern side of house. ( less sun on walls , see less imperfections )
He can put ceiling and maybe three walls, you do the window wall at the same time .
He can coach you whilst your at it and trowel yours up if not happy
Apart from reveals ( which are usually hidden with curtains ) the light is more forgiving .
Give you good practice with less chance of damage. Let him judge what you do in the next room
What if the plasterer is shiot as well.

What if the plasterer is shiot as well.
Then he could shortcut 5 years of learning you don't get paid for perfection , the aim of plastering is just to work out the most direct route to getting to the pub , its a win win