New member Febond Blue Grit Question

Members online

TONYBOY79

Alright gents.
I've got a small job to do for my bro-in-law and I'm looking for advice.
I'm doing a chimney breast wall for him and they have silk emulsion on the walls. I was planning on using Febond Blue Grit (I've got a tub in the shed) instead of PVA. How soon can you coat on to the blue grit? I've always left it for 24hrs as that's what the data sheet says. Has anyone coated on the same day? Did it work?
Cheers
Tony

Alright gents.
I'm doing a chimney breast wall for him and they have silk emulsion on the walls. I was planning on using Febond Blue Grit (I've got a tub in the shed) instead of PVA. How soon can you coat on to the blue grit? I've always left it for 24hrs as that's what the data sheet says. Has anyone coated on the same day? Did it work?
Cheers
Tony
@Casper

Alright gents.
Cheers
Tony
24 hrs

Alright gents.
Cheers
Tony
Yes I have when its been extremely warm weather on old lime sand mortar. Doubt youd get away with it on silk best to leave it to dry tbh

Buggery b*ll***s.
Thanks for getting back to me. I thought as much but was hoping somebody would say "it's fine, you'll get away with it, no probs".
It's a fair old journey to be going back and forward so it looks like I'll be slapping some pva about.

Cheers lads. Much appreciated.

Buggery b*ll***s.
Thanks for getting back to me. I thought as much but was hoping somebody would say "it's fine, you'll get away with it, no probs".
It's a fair old journey to be going back and forward so it looks like I'll be slapping some pva about.

A good thick coat of pva then get the lamps on it, halogen that is. Dries in no time. Or a leaf blower :coffe:

Buggery b*ll***s.

grit on silk paint pal

get your bro in law to come n fetch it and get him to brush it on day before you go n skim it

Buggery b*ll***s.

Well I like to keep new members happy so.......
Yes mate it's absolutely fine to wack the Blue Grit on, leave for as long as it takes to eat the bacon sandwich your bro-in-law has made you and then crack on with the skimming.
There you go now we're all happy again.