New marshalltown Handle

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumpyjoe

Anybody know where i can get a new marshalltown permashape finishing trowel handle my plastic is wearing out and is ready to go cant be doing with that !!
cheers lads

im sure you could get one from marshaltown directly mate,or as i did just swop the handle with another marshaltown you dont use as much or a new trowel your breakin in.

i tried to take the handle off my mt and the nut snapped off taking all the thread with it:RpS_crying: back then id had the trowel 7 years and it was worn in dream, but i fixed it

New Marshallatown Handle
Anybody know where i can get a new marshalltown permashape finishing trowel handle my plastic is wearing out and is ready to go cant be doing with that !!
cheers lads
A few years ago a pal had his new Marshalltown handle eaten away by his dog. I wrote a few lines which were put up in the local builders merchant. When the Marshalltown rep saw this work of crap poetry he exchanged a photocopy of it for a new trowel. Maybe if you threaten with displaying the lines below in a bad poetry competition you’ll get the same treatment.
A plasterers trowel works fast and slick
We pay for the best and expect no trick
My Permashape trowel aint permanent I shout
This trowel after twelve months is almost worn out
The ‘Permashape’ name suggests everlasting without change
Is this is a poor example of the Marshalltown range?

I loved it tears too my eyes !! maybe i should just live with it il ask at toolshed see what the guy in there says cheers lads its too good to get a knew one :RpS_thumbup:

I'm pretty sure that Refina used to sell replacement handles for MT's, maybe worth giving them a buzz.

I tried to take my wooden handle off and snapped the nut straight off, also forgot i glued the handle on years ago and i wont come off :rolleyes)

Refina sell replacement handles. Or you could but a new one from b+q swap the handles and take the old one back saying its a dud. Either way spunkys right, I did it on an old dabbing trowel once and cross threaded it, ****** it right up

i snapped the nut off mine and a mate said he could fix it for me i thought fooking great.... finished work got home ran my trowel to him to fix went home for a coffee went over his not 10 minutes later and there he is trying to FOOKING WELD it, he turned round to me shocked saying i cant get it to stick its just melting......... the dumb **** thought the handle was steel and was just melting the alloy..... had to deal with it for about 3 years of the handle moving until the wife told me her dad was an engineer he had it for 2 days and actually fixed it... morale of the story get a wooden handle and dont try to remove the damn thing

snapped my one off too but just drilled a small hole in the "shaft" ss self tapper and ss washer, job done been on there 3 years with no probs, but i will never attempt to take one off again

ive just found two old trowels that never survived the fall of death of a scaffold both plastic permashape ones would be willing to let one go but will keep one just in case lol ??

pm me if interested

Status
Not open for further replies.