New home...old plaster.

Members online

No members online now.

Bessyton

Hello guys. I have just moved into an old terrace and there are issues with plaster crumbling off some of the walls. I believe someone has attempted a quick fix by plastering over old and damp stuff, but am no expert. I am uploading some pics and would appreciate any advice. Cheers. Tony.

Attachments

• 20210626_122424.jpg
    20210626_122424.jpg
    319.6 KB · Views: 223
  • 20210626_122445.jpg
    20210626_122445.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 232
  • 20210626_122505.jpg
    20210626_122505.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 223
  • 20210626_122511.jpg
    20210626_122511.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 228
Hello guys. I believe someone has attempted a quick fix by plastering over old and damp stuff, but am no expert.
You’re correct
What will you do?
Get a reputable plasterer in to sort
What area you in? You may connect with what you need on this forum it’s great to see the forum work in that way (y)
PS
Welcome to the forum
If you hang around here for a while you will get to see our regular diaries
@Casper food diary
@ChrispyUK house diary
@John j house diary
Also what brand baked beans do you buy? And do you believe in ghosts?

Like when holes in jeans became popular!! Mark my words be a trend setter everyone will want that look in 5 years

Hi guys. Thanks for all the witty replies. If there are any plasterers on here who can offer any serious àdvice, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

The source of the damp needs investigation and remedy which may be builder works then a reputable plasterer in to sort
What area you in? You may connect with what you need on this forum it’s great to see the forum work in that way
PS
Welcome to the forum

The source of the damp needs investigation and remedy which may be builder works then a reputable plasterer in to sort
What area you in? You may connect with what you need on this forum it’s great to see the forum work in that way
PS
Welcome to the forum
Thanks for that. Will get a builder in to have a look. Cheers.

Thanks for that. Will get a builder in to have a look. Cheers.

Here's a free tip:

Please don't put all your faith in websites like TrustaChancer.com and others - they make money by taking a cut, so they are not 100% motivated to vet the traders who use their site(s). The upbeat telly adverts can potentially mislead the public into believing it is safer to rely upon websites like theirs as a way to find trustworthy tradespeople, when the reality is that there are plenty of chancers who will seek to exploit such websites as a way to clothe themselves in a thin veneer of respectability. Remember, the internet is awash with fake reviews and feedback.

You might get lucky or you might unwittingly land yourself a chancer.

Over time, any plaster in the house tends to collapse, after which it needs to be repaired. Even the highest quality material is exposed to external influences despite its durability. Repairing plaster walls in separate places does not require much effort and is carried out using fairly simple technology. But first, you need to prepare the walls for local repairs. It can be easily done with your own hands. I was doing repairs every three years in the old house, so I know well what it is. Now I have moved to a new house, which I built myself, according to the project of the company boutiquehomeplans.com, and fortunately, there should be no problems with plaster for the next 10 years.
Once upon a time, and they all live happily ever after.