New here

Members online

Danjdbrown

Alright lads/girls! New here just wanted to introduce myself. 27 years old from derby! Looking to get back into the plastering world! Wouldn’t mind starting as a labourer then moving forward with knowledge! Only reason for stopping plastering is everyone wanted 2 years experience but no body would help you gain the experience so been stuck on a forklift bored :(

Alright lads/girls! New here just wanted to introduce myself. 27 years old from derby! Looking to get back into the plastering world! Wouldn’t mind starting as a labourer then moving forward with knowledge! Only reason for stopping plastering is everyone wanted 2 years experience but no body would help you gain the experience so been stuck on a forklift bored :(

Welcome along :D

Things haven't changed much, well apart from the fact that you're now older.
Best of luck.

Things haven't changed much, well apart from the fact that you're now older.
Best of luck.
I don’t smoke got a licence got my own tools but still don’t get any luck. Just a piss take haha I’m sure it will pick up sooner then later cheers mate!

I don’t smoke got a licence got my own tools but still don’t get any luck. Just a piss take haha I’m sure it will pick up sooner then later cheers mate!
If you want me to be brutally honest Dan; at 27 anybody knows that working for them is just a short term stepping stone to taking on your own work. Ask yourself, and be totally honest, would YOU help someone to become a competitor against yourself? I wouldn't.
I did, but I swore that I'd never do it again.
As I said before good luck but I don't think it'll be easy.

If you want me to be brutally honest Dan; at 27 anybody knows that working for them is just a short term stepping stone to taking on your own work. Ask yourself, and be totally honest, would YOU help someone to become a competitor against yourself? I wouldn't.
I agree with all that Andy, things aren’t like they used to be when I started there were big plastering firms that employed loads of spreads, seems to have all gone now, well round the south east anyway. Every one is self employed now and as you say not looking to stay with any one for long just long enough to get out there on their own, shame really as it’s time for me to train another to work with my son when I jack it in but i won’t do it.

Fair point mate. I wouldn’t mind staying with a employer in all honestly going self employed don’t intrest me! But later in life that might change