new gypsum hard coat

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
317507061.jpg

Its real then i thought it was a wind up lol

Thought so gibbo it also says to use skimcoat or carlite finnish must be the irish version of multi finish and carlite finish aint been around for ages.

yeah they are irish products they turned carlite into thistle finish dont see that anymore it was lush

hello
Has anyone used gyproc hardcoat finish and if so what is it like to coat with and to skim onto afterwards.

Worth looking at old threads from years ago, lots of info and a nice change if you don't fancy joining in the current format for a bit.

@Gibbo is right its hardwall its called hardcoat in Ireland because a lot of older plasterers call skim hardwall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gyproc hardcoat is a base coat for skim and I have never used it. the client at the house where I am working wants me to use it as it is less likely to crack and quicker drying than sand and cement and I Was just wondering has anyone had any experience with it. gypsum are coming on site next week to give a demo but of course they will say its the best thing ever.

Gyproc hardcoat is a base coat for skim and I have never used it. the client at the house where I am working wants me to use it as it is less likely to crack and quicker drying than sand and cement and I Was just wondering has anyone had any experience with it. gypsum are coming on site next week to give a demo but of course they will say its the best thing ever.

Where u from mate

I used a small bit in the gyproc plant. Its nice to put on. Its called hardwall in the UK. Do a search on here about hardwall

We did one sample wall I found it kinda sticky hard to control but the rep said not to try to level it with trowel just throw it on .I gave it quick screed and he said leave it half an hour and I screeded it again then about an hour later devil floated it. I was not too gone on it I'd say it would take a bit of getting used to

Status
Not open for further replies.