New guy .........Again.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

willriseley

Hey guys and (girls?) been reading this site for ages now and it has some good info on it inbetween the abuse but thats what its about.

Basically I want to get into plastering, im currently a landscaper/brickie/maintenance guy but being able to plaster would let me earn more money from my employer. I have done some rendering in the past both sponged and the old spanish style :RpS_blushing:

I have checked out Able Skills which is local to me and they run all kinds of courses from 2 day things up to 8 week courses. From reading this place you guys all seem to think that I should work for free with a spread and learn that way which I would love but how to go about it?

I have some experience of plaster from doing bits of bonding and some finish coats on mine and friends proertys but would like to be able to do it well.

Any help would be great and any abuse as well I love it :RpS_wub:

There's no work mate!!
Well there's only a bit but it's top secret where & how to get it :rolleyes)

That,s why people use this forum ,the help ,support and love for the trade :RpS_thumbup::RpS_lol:

Alreet willy.....welcome along marra.............if you can use a sponge you can plaster and dont let anyone tell you different..............also, if you can work for beer tokens you'll fit right in here..................:RpS_thumbsup:

This may upset you all but I no longer drink although im happy to work for very cheap or even free to get some skills and knowledge. Also dont mind some stick off smarter guys than me as thats the way to learn i think. the old fashioned way.

On another hand my old man has asked me to skim his ceiling and doesnt even mind if it looks **** so guess its going to be fun, 22 square meters though :RpS_scared:. sore arms me thinks

You think they'll be sore skimmin that ceilin! They'll be worse after you sand it:RpS_sneaky:

Lets call it a board on a stick to save any arguments. But i need a new one so any reccomendations? managed to drive over mine today :rolleyes)

I like my Marshalltown 13" one, nice comfy durasoft handle (added a bit of foam to it). Now looks more like a throwing star I've had it that long without breaking. Would buy another without hesitation (don't like wooden handled ones).

25 so not to young? but need to get some trade behind me and apparently I have the knack of it. Ceiling went ok in the end with only the joint (did it in two halves) needing some filling and sanding.

Im on the island tomorrow spraying out a gym but its a bit to late to sort anything out now. leave your contact details on a post here and ill let you know of anything in the future that we get in our area. Do you drive?

Will - if your interested in some training, contact Knauf Drywall and enquire about doing some plaster training with us...... the Knauf Drywall Training School is just over the bridge in Sittingbourne..... sure their will be some costs involved - but nothing ventured!

call 01795 424499 and ask for the training secretary......

cheers guys, looks like I may be getting layed off monday so anything would be good right now. Yeah I drive and have a set of wheels, phone number is 07795483802. As i say im willing to learn and am happy being a monkey go getter if needs be.

just where is the isle of sheppey

A small island full of wierd people with no real building merchants and a shaip full of explosives just off the coast. But other than that its great :RpS_thumbsup:

Cheers guys, seems to be a lot to be learnt from these pages

A small island full of wierd people with no real building merchants and a shaip full of explosives just off the coast. But other than that its great :RpS_thumbsup:

Cheers guys, seems to be a lot to be learnt from these pages
Is that what the estate agent said ?

Left school on a Friday, joined the navy on the Monday, 1978 , never went back that`s the` island`for you

Abuse welcome :-] U SUCK!! I'm sorry that didn't make me feel any better. Welcome to the forum bud

Status
Not open for further replies.