New forum features coming

Members online

We have a forum upgrade coming soon....

Screenshot_20190131-164128_Gmail.jpg

That's great Danny but still no button for getting people to take my " board joints mid joist " idea seriously

What do you use to stick the end of the board up with ?
I'm sure theirs better but I used sfix general purpose silicon , nice and warm , only on my own buildings and a few friends , haven't had any long term problems with sag or cracking

Obviously you do this only on overboarding . Is this to prevent cracks ? Why haven’t you done this on any paid jobs ?

Danny f**k off the T***s on here might help! You have a handful of people that help post , the rest make the forum and you look silly

Obviously you do this only on overboarding . Is this to prevent cracks ? Why haven’t you done this on any paid jobs ?
Not necessary when i can experiment on my own ,wouldn't be nice to get a call back to a customer , the cost to replace / repair and redecorate
4 years on and no problems , am considering using this method as standard for suitable customers with cracked ceilings caused by weak joists ( bungalows with occasional access, joists not really strong enough )
Also new builds with green wood that may decide to raise or lower with age

Yes its to prevent cracking caused by joist movement

Ok thanks was just curious.
The other advantage is eliminating trying to get a good fix to un square , incorrect pitched and bowed joists,
All boards are cut approximately to length , all dead square and no dodgy screws on the ends

The other advantage is eliminating trying to get a good fix to un square , incorrect pitched and bowed joists,
All boards are cut approximately to length , all dead square and no dodgy screws on the ends
I suppose you Save time on cuts and waste . I’d give it a go but like you say don’t want to be going back to any jobs if it sags . I’ve stuck boards to walls and lintels with no nails and silicone. Been ok but never ceilings . I can see one disadvantage though you wouldn’t be able to skim it same day

I suppose you Save time on cuts and waste . I’d give it a go but like you say don’t want to be going back to any jobs if it sags . I’ve stuck boards to walls and lintels with no nails and silicone. Been ok but never ceilings . I can see one disadvantage though you wouldn’t be able to skim it same day
That's a valid point , although I did leave props up for longer but after 20 mins you couldn't separate the boards , with the section joined being almost fully double boarded their is little sag force/ m2
So a lunch break or perhaps some other prep, not usually an issue

That's a valid point , although I did leave props up for longer but after 20 mins you couldn't separate the boards , with the section joined being almost fully double boarded their is little sag force/ m2
So a lunch break or perhaps some other prep, not usually an issue
I like sticks like s**t turbo, go through loads of the stuff. 15 min and it's a go. Use it on all types of jobs. Even use it for beads somtimes.
Apparently theirs a Insta grab as well.
They also do a all weather one, like a clear gel. 24hr grab. Apparently under water too? I had a couple of I****n sand stone coppings pop of my front wall ( kids standing on them) Couldn't be arsed chipping back and recementing. So used the all weather and two years later still stuck hard.
£10 a cartridge bit more expensive than standard. Normally find it in sale for £7.
All weather one. couple pound dearer than that.

Good stuff Danny video upload just what I been looking forward too, so will video upload similar way as photos now

I haven't heard anything either. But I did see this photo floating around the forum earlier.
Wonder if hes got lab to go get one bag of miracle grow. While the voices in his head keep him company.

By the time the chimp gets a hold of it he'll be tied to a twig