New drill/driver.

Screwfix have a good offer on a Milwaukee set
Drill and impact driver

£250.00

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200310-233146_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200310-233146_Chrome.jpg
    464.1 KB · Views: 399
Do you use many cordless power tools, or is this likely to be (near enough) the 'only' cordless gear you'll use?

If you do use quite a few cordless tools, then it's worth thinking about buying into a battery platform of a company that innovates a wide range of decent tools, because 2 or 3 batteries can end up being as big an investment as the tool itself. I went with DeWALT, 3 or 4 years ago, and I've had very few complaints about their combi drills and impact driver. However, they are lazy with innovating new tools, when you look at the crazy amount of innovation Milwaukee do, each year. On that basis, I sorta wish I'd gone with buying into the Milwaukee platform, but it's only in the past 2 years or so that Milwaukee prices have really come down to prices, in the UK, that compare equally with other brands.

Another thing to consider is whether or not you ever intend to get a cordless mixer - the market leader being Collomix, and they use Cordless Alliance System (CAS) batteries. You can get a cordless drill (and an impact driver) using this battery platform, but the options are limited and quite expensive (Metabo, Mafell, etc.). Excellent quality (one of the very best) battery platform, though.

www.cordless-alliance-system.com/

My advice, then, would be that if you only need a drill and don't care about being able to use the same batery system for other cordless tools you might buy in the future, then you'll do fine with any of the major brands. However, I would definitely suggest you think carefully about whether you perhaps intend to buy other cordless tools in the coming years, in which case, it's wise to invest in a battery platform which is most likely to suit your needs.

Do you use many cordless power tools, or is this likely to be (near enough) the 'only' cordless gear you'll use?

If you do use quite a few cordless tools, then it's worth thinking about buying into a battery platform of a company that innovates a wide range of decent tools, because 2 or 3 batteries can end up being as big an investment as the tool itself. I went with DeWALT, 3 or 4 years ago, and I've had very few complaints about their combi drills and impact driver. However, they are lazy with innovating new tools, when you look at the crazy amount of innovation Milwaukee do, each year. On that basis, I sorta wish I'd gone with buying into the Milwaukee platform, but it's only in the past 2 years or so that Milwaukee prices have really come down to prices, in the UK, that compare equally with other brands.

Another thing to consider is whether or not you ever intend to get a cordless mixer - the market leader being Collomix, and they use Cordless Alliance System (CAS) batteries. You can get a cordless drill (and an impact driver) using this battery platform, but the options are limited and quite expensive (Metabo, Mafell, etc.). Excellent quality (one of the very best) battery platform, though.

My advice, then, would be that if you only need a drill and don't care about being able to use the same batery system for other cordless tools you might buy in the future, then you'll do fine with any of the major brands. However, I would definitely suggest you think carefully about whether you perhaps intend to buy other cordless tools in the coming years, in which case, it's wise to invest in a battery platform which is most likely to suit your needs.
We don't need comprehensive, helpful posts like that on this forum mush. Now pack your bags and f**k off.

Read this In Morgan Freeman’s voice in my mind

I went Hilti for cordless, had a few corded tools and can’t fault them, the service or back up one bit, got the Hilti wireless too best thing I’ve ever bought 5.5ah battery fully charged last Wednesday and still got 2 bars left on it

I got one of these to replace my bosch. Can't go wrong for the money. The most expensive doesn't always mean the best

I went Hilti for cordless, had a few corded tools and can’t fault them, the service or back up one bit, got the Hilti wireless too best thing I’ve ever bought 5.5ah battery fully charged last Wednesday and still got 2 bars left on it
I bought the cordless TE 4 the other week, just for pre drilling insulated plasterboard fixings to block work. It’s a f**k**g beauty.

I bought the cordless TE 4 the other week, just for pre drilling insulated plasterboard fixings to block work. It’s a f**k**g beauty.
I had that one myself mate for installing base rail and secondary fixing eps used it this week with the Hilti te-cx drill bits and 5.5ah batteries like a knife through butter. I’m a snob and Dow give a fcuk

I got one of these to replace my bosch. Can't go wrong for the money. The most expensive doesn't always mean the best

Tramp

I have informed The Cordless Drill Police.