New dewalt screw gun

thebigfella

Has anyone got one ? What they like ? I know there cheaper than the other brands but are they worth £300 ?

No i don't do a great deal of boarding but its a bit of kit id like to have on the van, will it take any brand of screws as we use to have a senco and it was ok on certain screws?

Put a pic up as i didnt know dewalt did one? Im lucky as have hilti plus a long kick ass milwaukee great for vaulted ceilings

20150911_064101.jpg

No i don't do a great deal of boarding but its a bit of kit id like to have on the van, will it take any brand of screws as we use to have a senco and it was ok on certain screws?
Yeh itll be fine for you then any brand screws and any size between 25 and 55mm used senco makita and some random brand of screws from tool station all fine lil bit different to use than the hilti but fine after a day of using. I've used it heavily on both mf and timber

I've just bought one and its a good bit of kit, obviously not as good as hilti but it's right up there with the best.

I tried one of these dewalts mate, and they are good and smooth but don't get in the corners very good, compared to the newer model senco which I have 6 of and love em but the cog breaks in the nose piece on three of them, and can't seem to be able to buy the cogs

Got the new Bosch collated and loose one a couple of weeks ago. Bloody light, battery lasts ages. Seems really good. Pleased I got it.

buy a Hilti mate from what I've heard everything else is wank I've been using one for a couple of weeks and it hasn't missed a beat
Bear in mind the batteries are only 2.6 ah I think so if you're using them on site get a 110v charger

I know what you're thinking: "Did he fire six screws or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is an auto feed screw gun, the most powerful screw gun in the world, and would screw any board anywhere , you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Don't you think that because you're probably going to be skimming it you'd rather be a bit closer just to make sure the odd screw isn't sticking out?