new dash

Members online

nelliott19

Hi guys i came on this forum just to guage opinions im a home owner( know very little regarding plastering ) who is in process of having some outside work done , my question is the back of my house was dashed on thursday and to my eyes it looks very patchy could parts still be drying out or will this be the finished article and if so is this normal , interesting to hear peoples opinions

Attachments

• 20190811_080349.jpg
    20190811_080349.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 356
Dashing became popular after the war when skilled plasterers were in short numbers.
it allowed unskilled guys to render so if it looks rough it will be more authentic.

Dashing became popular after the war when skilled plasterers were in short numbers.
it allowed unskilled guys to render so if it looks rough it will be more authentic.
Be surprised how many still want it! Not my cuppa tea but done well it should look neat and uniform, I bet there's not many on here that would know where to start with it!

Hi guys i came on this forum just to guage opinions im a home owner( know very little regarding plastering ) who is in process of having some outside work done , my question is the back of my house was dashed on thursday and to my eyes it looks very patchy could parts still be drying out or will this be the finished article and if so is this normal , interesting to hear peoples opinions
is it dash or roughcast looks like r/cast to me so u will paint it anyway

your plumbers worse than your plasterer

That doesn’t look good at all regardless of wither it’s getting painted. Between two windows at top is very rough and to the bottom left of pipes looks like there’s big bald patches with no stones

That doesn’t look good at all regardless of wither it’s getting painted. Between two windows at top is very rough and to the bottom left of pipes looks like there’s big bald patches with no stones
around the vent looks like a cows c**t

That a granate stone very hard stone to dash darker the backing coat the better

its a dry dash pearl grey stone with granite sand looks like roughcast from a distance but a lovely stone up close to be honest , whilst i wouldnt say im 100% happy with the finish it has settled quite a bit and doesnt look anywere near as patchy now , thanks for feedback