New Career New Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marleyjustin

Hello fellow plasterers, my name is Justin & I am new to the game. I am 30 years old & I have been working in manufacturing most of my career until I was made redundant in October, the timing was good as I was craving a change of career for a couple of years now but I never did anything about it. I have now decided to focus on becoming a plaster & paid for an intense course which ends this Sunday. I am loving every minute of it & I have plans to plaster my whole house.

I am currently purchasing tools & a local plaster advised me to get a Marshalltown trowel. These are the items I have purchased so far,
1) Marshalltown Pre worn Trowel 14x5
2) Silverline Polyurethane Hawk 13x13
3) Stanley Pad saw
4) Marshalltown rubber float 225mm fine
5) Marshalltown drywall scarifier 300mm

My question to you guys is what essential tools am I missing & also what would be the best brand to buy as I only want the best tools if I'm going to be working with them everyday.

also I would just like to add I'm aware you can't be a good plaster overnight but I am a hard worker & I am focused to achieve my goals.

I look forward to your replies.

Spot and stand

Transport I.e van car bike or walk

Sweeping brush

Dust pan

Angle grinder to cut your beads

Flask

Bucket trowel, internal trowel, midget trowel, set of filling knives, various size buckets, tape measure, tin snips, Speedskim, eze spat, s*p*r*lex, plazzi flex, decent mixer, dust sheets, work platform, plasterers brush.

Bucket trowel, internal trowel, midget trowel, set of filling knives, various size buckets, tape measure, tin snips, Speedskim, eze spat, s*p*r*lex, plazzi flex, decent mixer, dust sheets, work platform, plasterers brush.
are you a salesman stuart,,, lol:RpS_lol:

Thanks guys I got the flask & the credit card sorted lol I'm just on eBay now shopping for the other bits, just one more thing what would be the best mixer to get?

I'm so glad I joined this forum you guys are very helpful, I am 100% buying the Mixer M8 tonight (I'm a sucker for gadgets) my only question is which size should I buy or should I just get both?

Status
Not open for further replies.