New Build Snagging Advise

Members online

NewBuildOwner

Hi I wonder if I could ask you all for your opinion and advice.
I purchased a new build 4 bed property a few months back and flagged up concerns with the finish of decoration and plastering throughout the property.

The developer have been very defensive and avoiding correcting some of the issues within the snagging period.
The state that cracking is normal as the property is now lived in (was empty for a year prior to us moving in).
I have explained I don't consider the defects to be cracks they are ridge like and contain the join tape mesh showing through in areas so I questioned if the plaster had been applied too light at the joins etc...

They keep advising that this is normal and within levels of expectance.

Could you guys give me your opinion and some advise as I am no plastering expert!

Cheers!

IMG_2235.PNG
IMG_2188.PNG
IMG_2193.jpg
IMG_2189.jpg

Probably is normal for them in this day and age. In my brothers new build the wall sank and left a 2inch wide gap right thru from loo to bedroom & headboard - mother visited, dropped her guts big time when he was in bed - nearly killed him, bed moved next day!
:risas2:

I purchased a new build 4 bed property a few months back and flagged up concerns with the finish of decoration and plastering throughout the property.

The developer have been very defensive and avoiding correcting some of the issues within the snagging period.
The state that cracking is normal as the property is now lived in (was empty for a year prior to us moving in).
I have explained I don't consider the defects to be cracks they are ridge like and contain the join tape mesh showing through in areas so I questioned if the plaster had been applied too light at the joins etc...

Could you guys give me your opinion and some advise as I am no plastering expert!

Cheers!

View attachment 60452View attachment 60454View attachment 60451View attachment 60453
Your house isn't plastered, it's taped and filled. New builds are absolute shite quality. Would never buy one. Wait a year or 2 until the tape starts peeling off on the corners then you'll be really pissed

Honestly I feel for you
Take the developer into the show house and point out you was promised one of those standard of houses
If it is cracked too then they win

Cheers!

View attachment 60452View attachment 60454View attachment 60451View attachment 60453
Nice bit of orange peel paiting there. I’ve a new build taped , it’s 5+ years old now and it’s fine all depends who tapped it I was lucky a pal of mine did mine and he does the system properly unlike the majority of tappers on site