New build 10mins from Stoke needing external render and internal wet plaster

Members online

Hi Everyone,

Have built a large detached house in Loggerheads which is 10mins from J15 or J16 of the M6, so near Stoke on Trent.

I have built the entire house and so far not had any trades in to keep costs down. I can plaster a bit but not well enough to do an entire house. The building is made from Durisol blocks which have a course finish. I would like to have the external rendered and the internal wall wet plastered (ideally sprayed on) as there will be no plaster boards except for ceiling and the odd stud wall.

Is anyone interested? Looking for a quailty finish at a good price. Windows are all in now so its basically ready to have the external finish on. I had originally been looking at Alsecco Render which is a 3 part system (base coat, mesh, primer and finish coat) but open to alternative also.

You can email me at work on oliver@cheswardinehall.co.uk or give me a bell, 07854 828 297

Hi Everyone,

Have built a large detached house in Loggerheads which is 10mins from J15 or J16 of the M6, so near Stoke on Trent.

I have built the entire house and so far not had any trades in to keep costs down. I can plaster a bit but not well enough to do an entire house. The building is made from Durisol blocks which have a course finish. I would like to have the external rendered and the internal wall wet plastered (ideally sprayed on) as there will be no plaster boards except for ceiling and the odd stud wall.

Is anyone interested? Looking for a quailty finish at a good price. Windows are all in now so its basically ready to have the external finish on. I had originally been looking at Alsecco Render which is a 3 part system (base coat, mesh, primer and finish coat) but open to alternative also.

You can email me at work on oliver@cheswardinehall.co.uk or give me a bell, 07854 828 297
Hi Oliver, I’m nowhere near you unfortunately, but just out of interest if you posted some pictures of your property inside and out it would be helpful to whoever is local.

Hi Everyone,

Is Parex not the only warrantied render system on durisol ? It used to be,unless its recently changed.

Internal render was just an idea but yes really what i want is traditional wet plastering with whatever material gives a good finish at a good price. I only thought spraying the plaster on internally might be faster.

Render wise Parex used to be the only one. I think pretty much any render would be ok to use as the icf durisol is solid and stable and a monolithic structure so no joints for expansion etc. I am not using any labc warrantee or the like as i dont intend to ever sell so as long as building control are happy with the product thats fine.

E8FF5BD1-2434-4062-A62E-BBADB21183B1.jpeg
0BBCC77F-CBA1-4E70-9D5D-9EC5C3343E4E.jpeg
88E3E997-6042-4CDD-8808-274493E6743F.jpeg

Sand and cement will cost a lot more on labour if u could use it on it. A lot of work and mess in it. We do need 2 good Labour's when doing it. One on mixer one carrying it in and up to the top floor and 2 of us putting it on. Then u get a lot of waste with it. We can float out a house with just 2 of us with baged render and f**k all waste.

Murder to render durisol this time of year mind as it retains water so it's like rendering over a plastic sheet, so a scratch render takes an age to cure.

Murder to render durisol this time of year mind as it retains water so it's like rendering over a plastic sheet, so a scratch render takes an age to cure.
If you sit a concrete block in water it absorbs it very very quickly whereas the durisol take time to absorb due to its wood based material. On inspection overall the walls look pretty dry appart from where the downspouts on the gutters are so maybe I should stick the those on to keep the water off the walls...

If you sit a concrete block in water it absorbs it very very quickly whereas the durisol take time to absorb due to its wood based material. On inspection overall the walls look pretty dry appart from where the downspouts on the gutters are so maybe I should stick the those on to keep the water off the walls...
You really should have had temporary down pipes on since the minute the gutters were fitted.

Yes it's a strange system to render over as there's zero suction aswell, but it's a good system on the whole.
I render a lot of durisol houses for a substainable building outfit, the only issue we come across is the lads building them and the wall belling out in places because they don't support the walls correctly, so when the concrete goes in at 90% slump into the cavities, it leads to problems.
I'm sure you'll find a decent renderer off here near you to tackle it.