new? board cutter...

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
errr every time you cut a board with a normal stanley? you still gotta crack it and cut the back havent you?

i found this - http://www.mtmc.co.uk/p-14114
doesnt look anywhere near as good as the other one, its not double sided for one thing and you have to buy there blades...

dunno what theyre gonna cost yet, designed for the canadian market apparently but Im told theres to be a metric version 'coming soon'...

Chris W said:
errr every time you cut a board with a normal stanley? you still gotta crack it and cut the back havent you?

i found this - http://www.mtmc.co.uk/p-14114
doesnt look anywhere near as good as the other one, its not double sided for one thing and you have to buy there blades...

dunno what theyre gonna cost yet, designed for the canadian market apparently but Im told theres to be a metric version 'coming soon'...

just seems awkward to me having to keep turning a board over

well iv had one just liek it and it was crap , broke easy and plust its a pain having to run up and down boards and plus i never get to cut stright lines! always a few mill here or there, you will still need a knife and tape and stright edge.. for that price you can get a nice edge and knife and a new tape!

oasis said:
well iv had one just liek it and it was crap , broke easy and plust its a pain having to run up and down boards and plus i never get to cut stright lines! always a few mill here or there, you will still need a knife and tape and stright edge.. for that price you can get a nice edge and knife and a new tape!
was it that yellow one oasis? single sided blade thing where you had to buy there blades or something closer to this one?
only reason you never get to cut a straight line is cos your boardings not straight ;D

dunno about build quality as yet, havent got one so i cant comment...

I quite like the way it works well off a vertical stack so to speak, soon get the hang of running down, leaning it towards you and running the other side...

be about 3 months before theyre available in metric, blokes gotta sell the imperial ones he's got manufactured..

Bruce Willis said:
hmm fancied gettin the knife version with rasp on the back, saves on two tools
knife version? gotta link? that was mentioned as an idea on here a while ago
didnt know theyd actually made one though?

looks ok, whats the rasp like on em?
like the slot idea so you dont have to turn the tape over and kink it...

you guinea pig the knife then and ill guinea pig the slidey thing ;), decent rasp on a knife would be handy....
those marshtown things are only about 7 quid... and they cut both ways too so you just rub it backwards and forwards with the guides saving your knuckles :p

Chris W said:
you guinea pig the knife then and ill guinea pig the slidey thing ;), decent rasp on a knife would be handy....
those marshtown things are only about 7 quid... and they cut both ways too so you just rub it backwards and forwards with the guides saving your knuckles :p
Ok Ill order one soon. Didnt know you could go both ways ! I use the cheap yellow one. Lady shaver.
£7 is cheap seeing as how the cheap ones about £3-4!

Ive got something similar in style to that that ive had for years.
I bought it to cut boards downn by 3 cm so i could get then through a loft hatch.
Does the job nothing special, but only any good if you wanna cut square,which 9/10 times you dont !!!

I have a similar tool to this, its good but only in the right situation same as a bladerunner.

Status
Not open for further replies.