New and Old Members Please Read ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Recently a couple of members seem to be very grumpy and don't like anything in the world and they are taking their anger out on the forum.

If you don't like a product or service then you are welcome to post "constructive criticism" but simply posting abuse on threads to simply "trash" them is not the way to stay apart of the plasterers forum.

The forum and its sponsors can't please everybody so we know that some of you wont like a product, service or person but you need to be careful what you say and more to the point you are all liable for your own comments.

The Plasterers Forum will remove anybody who we feel is not adding to the forum.

Regards

Danny

You have made your opinions quite clear and that is fine but suggesting a company is scamming people and being racist is not the way to do it.

Danny

come on guys theres no need for this is there falling out over a disagreement on the uses of a product.
at the end of the day some people like said product and some people dnt, fair play to gibbo hes been doin this game a long time longer than alot of us on here and he has a way that works for him, if it works dnt change it,but some people do like using said product me included it works for me, it diddnt at first but it does now ive tried it a few times.
its fair and well saying you dnt like a product BUT (and dnt take this the wrong way) sometimes gibbo you can come across a bit strong, and i can understand why dan would get involved as sponsors pay him and being slated so publicly can seriously damage someones business and hard work, but on the other side of the coin (to keep things fair) dan sometimes you can side with the sponsors too much, no incidents mentioned but one fairly recently that came up the punishment for an innocent person was to strong to keep a sponsor happy.

gibbo doesnt not like said product and never will fair enough
some people do and will continue to use it, business is business end of.
hugs and kisses all round

its finding a happy medium isnt it,
sponsers come on here and flog there products, sponsers get negative feedback on said products, sponsers dont like it.
the problem is whatever your selling your going to get good and bad feedback thats the point of a forum.
in a way the sponsers should be greatful they get honest feedback from lads that use there product day in day out, whoose in a better position to comment.
the lines drawn when a certain agenda is set, resulting in constant negative commments, the problem is google highlights it so it is picked out, what sponser is going to pay for the privelage of that. no sponsers no forum, then id have to watch eastenders on a night instead of being on here :-0.

It is a very thin line between banter and just being out right belittling ,for the sake of making someone look bad .I think when it comes to looking into buying a product ,we know someone will have a bad review on it ,its life ,but we make our own mind up which way we go . The thing that makes this site fun ,as most new members say ,is the banter ,if it was not for some of the members on here ,that don,t take life to serious i think the appeal would not be there , i spend most of my time laughing ,and also learning . This for me is a bit of fun and i love it ,but i also respect it is Danny,s income and he has the right to look after that .

Hello,

To be honest i haven't banned anybody. I understand times are tough and with the crap weather not everybody is happy :)

The whole point of reviews is that you get to hear both sides of the story and that is fair enough feedback is what enhances a product and keeps things going forward. But what is not liked is when you start using the word scam and what not... If the product was like a couple of products that have been discussed on here and lots of people hate it then fair enough its not going to help the company out and I wouldnt put the forums name to it.

However, in this case there are a lot of people that use them and like them so whats the problem??

... it may not be your cup of tea but its down to personal opinion but there are ways of getting your opinion across.

As with me siding with sponsors that is not the case... I look at everything and then make my decision, we don't delete very much from the forum at all, in fact today was the first time I have deleted anything in long time.

If we dont have sponsors then the forum wont exist.... I cant bankroll the site forever. You may not like some of them but we cant please everybody.

I also have to say that the current sponsors work hard to give you freebies and special offers and I have lost count how many Speedskims have been sent out free of charge.

Danny

You do a good job at this thing we call the forum ,tomorrow is another day ,now where is my f##king t shirt :RpS_lol:

and my free speedskim....................:RpS_thumbup:...........and im still waiting on gibbo's plazzy trowel review.............:-0

what about the person who got banned for life recently. now im not saying you are wrong or right i was only trying to keep things fair in my explanation before i.e good point and bad point for both parties, so please dnt think i was picking on you in particular

moderated :RpS_lol:

:RpS_lol: who moderated her then? ooooo errrr that sounds rude:RpS_blushing:

To be honest I would have probably let that person back if "she" was nice but she left quite a rude message for me. In the end this site is like my pub :) I get the last say in who stays or goes...lol

I think I have banned 10 people Max in the 7 years and I think 5 of them were the same person...lol

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.