Never done mono need some advice

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelly

Private Member
Top half of my house is covered in a pile of wank otherwise known as tyrolean its as skanky as f*ck too.

I fancy one of the coloured renders and was looking at monocouche.

My questions are -

can I scratch it with normal sand and cement and just top coat it in the colour, and is there any big differences is working with it than with sand and cement

Oh and how much is it?

You can go over sand cement if you had to you'd want to make sure you've got the same amount of waterproofer and mixed well you could go straight over the tyrolean if it's not painted and sound but I'd use a primer depends on the manufacturers

If you let conni go too much and squash it isn't that a finish? That looks a bit monoish I get it on all my scaffold joints lol

Yep i suppose you could lace it , but from a distance they all look the same, def a thin coat system if goin over the top, more flexible etc , but if mono is the way your gonna go then pre-rend mesh and mono (mesh for peace of mind)

I only chose mono because I liked one of the colours to be honest, I am totaly open to suggestions.

It might have to be 2 coat though , this tyrol thats on is really thickly done, and the bottom half is bare brick.

problem with a two coat is your already going over a heavy render and you will end with loadsa weight in product on the wall u want a thin coat base and the textures come in any colour you like.

thin coat textures are not a million miles away from mono texture like warrior says, just no big pitts in it but it there or there abouts especially from the street

I was doing a lime course a couple of years ago and they did this stuff called glaster its basically lime render with a load of crushed glass in it.

It looks rather good so I am ordering some of the glass and going to add it in the mix, not too much cos that will weaken it a bit, and see how that pans out.

I'll do a photo diary of the job.

PS Just had a right result, did a job last week at this lads house and he turns out the be manager at a rather large plastering suppliers hes getting me a few bags of gear "as a sample" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.