Nela

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashleyscoob

Well use'st to think my mt trowel was like a razor blade but fcuk me these nela's are worse took me knuckle straight off other day could shave with these as been using it for 8 months so worn in

Are you using it for thefinal cross trowell with maybe a little polish.
I seem to get lines unless i use it right at the end of the set so go back to marshalltown or refina.

I think we'll be saying nela who in three yrs time. All I hear about them tell me the wheel wasn't broke in the first place

No need to say sorry mate, we are always looking to improve the NELA products. Before you know it something else will be the craze in plastering

I seem to get lines unless i use it right at the end of the set so go back to marshalltown or refina.

That will be down to timings Mate, it's slightly different to using a Plastic or MT. Have a look on our website and see the video. It gives a few ideas on when is best to use the Trowel: NELA Tools

Any problems give me a call and I will see what I can do

im just waiting for something radical like prices going back to what they were 10yrs agoso I can just use my old 11" apprentice trowel again!

With the s*p*r*lex I find myself putting more pressure on the heel than normal to stop those lines occurring. Hope this helps @jamesthefirst

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes mate only use it for final trowel sometime second as same as you it leaves lines

Yes mate only use it for final trowel sometime second as same as you it leaves lines

My mate had one and it was leaving awful lines, naturally i supported him by laughing a what a bit of **** it was and how he'd wasted his money.

Another spread gave the shaft a few knocks with a hammer and bent it ever so slightly. Been great since.

I had to eat my words and buy one and i think its great for a using instead of a wet trowel. Rarely throw any water when using it but it wont replace a MT as there no good for getting nice sharp square edges

My mate had one anit tech ique? :RpS_thumbup:t tech it was leaving awful lines, naturally i supported him by laughing a what a bit of **** it was and how he'd wasted his money.

Another spread gave the shaft a few knocks with a hammer and bent it ever
I had to eat my words and buy one and i think its great for a using instead of a wet trowel. Rarely throw any water when using it but it wont replace a MT as there no good for getting nice sharp square edges

Can you post a video of the hammer and bend It technique? :RpS_cool:

Can you post a video of the hammer and bend It technique? :RpS_cool:

The technique was basically hit the top of bar close to the handle, idea being the top/tail of the trowel curve up ever so slightly and form enough of a bend to stop them digging in and creating lines.

Claims to have done it on most his trowels over the past 10 years as there just not made like they used to be.

Gotta be honest though it was a bit brutal for me but did seem to work whether thats fluke or experience im nor sure

That will be down to timings Mate, it's slightly different to using a Plastic or MT. Have a look on our website and see the video. It gives a few ideas on when is best to use the Trowel: NELA Tools

Any problems give me a call and I will see what I can do
When the sf is worn in a little the corners bend up slightly and and you get no lines:RpS_thumbup:

Can you not just rub the corners on a sharpening stone ?

Just hold the trowel flat against a plasterboard and roll the corners up - They are only made of tat and put up no fight at all.
In my experience both Nela & Refina get worse with age & work best when nearly new.

I found a good use for my Nela! :RpS_thumbsup:

No more receipts blowing out of the window for this kid.

you tap the tang near the handle with a ball pin hammer, quite hard, it bends the trowel the right way, my old lecturer did my first trowel, **** mi sen, thought wtf..lol.. but it works, and you lot are jealous of my pants cus they dont do them in FB size..

Status
Not open for further replies.