Nela trowel break

Members online

gavindublin

I bought the nela premium trowel 2 years ago and now its break near the top where the blade is bonded to the handle, the steal has cracked both sides of the weld. Anyone else with this problem? Im also looking to buy the mk2 but its out of stock with 1stopshop? Anyone here know they will be back and do I have a comeback on there first trowels. Thanks

The original was awful but the mk2 a great trowel. The fact yours has broken could be down to misuse?? I see blokes using their trowels as a multi-tool aka hammer scraper etc etc. I hope that this is not the case and sure @Plasterers1StopShop can better advise you

Pulling skim from a 2/3 bag mix onto the hawk would be about it, that surely wouldnt crack the steal. Is there a manufacturers gaurantee on it? Was bought from 1stopshop have email receipt. Yeah I want to try the new model

There is a warranty on all NELA products. We need the trowel returned to us so we can inspect it and arrange a replacement.

We have another NELA delivery due to arrive within the next week, this will have majority of the range on.

Thank you @Marshy for the tag

There is a warranty on all NELA products. We need the trowel returned to us so we can inspect it and arrange a replacement.

We have another NELA delivery due to arrive within the next week, this will have majority of the range on.

Thank you @Marshy for the tag
Rhino I doubt anybody can argue your customer service. I don't know this chap so can't comment? In nearly 30 years of plastering I only ever broke 1 trowel and that was my own fault as an apprentice and always guard them better than fort knox since. Plus got a slap off the old boys too as it (trowel) was wearing in nicely

Last edited:
Just order one the mk2s are riveted great trowel. I love my old MT's and doubt I'll need any new trowels any time soon

I use mt aswell never had the same problem with any of their trowels. Want the mk2 for finishing. And nice tits Vince but won't bother shipping it back to uk prob cost 20€ to do it.

Ramboo tools have a good choice of plastering tools. In Northern Ireland. Cheap delivery or free over £75

Last edited:
Ramboo tools have a good chance of plastering tools. In Northern Ireland. Cheap delivery or free over £75
Ramboo are quality. Though I haven't went to them since shop closed and he sells from a shed thing at the house in the Antrim Glen's now. Used to have a stall at Nutts corner now, but it's some knob from Magherafelt now, pricey lol local hardware store seems to stock Ramboo stuff though, obviously slightly dearer but for all I be buying at a time, not worth the fuel to go direct lol

Ramboo are quality. Though I haven't went to them since shop closed and he sells from a shed thing at the house in the Antrim Glen's now. Used to have a stall at Nutts corner now, but it's some knob from Magherafelt now, pricey lol local hardware store seems to stock Ramboo stuff though, obviously slightly dearer but for all I be buying at a time, not worth the fuel to go direct lol
Lol. I've been down with them twice. Sound lads. All ways try and sort u out as well.

Don't listen to him he's had the carbon trowel a few weeks and is constantly pushing products he hasn't tried or knows anything about :) he will turn up to the opening of an envelope for a free tshirt, take no notice.

Don't listen to him he's had the carbon trowel a few weeks and is constantly pushing products he hasn't tried or knows anything about :) he will turn up to the opening of an envelope for a free tshirt, take no notice.
You can add something constructive to the trowel debate , what trowel would you recommend the op? Or what pen ?

Are Ramboo the India version?
I only wanted something to eat. Why are you pushing me lol
images (6).jpg

Ramboo sell the beroflex trowels good trowel had a play with one today. Beroxpart made in Germany as well.