Nela super flex MK ONE

Members online

BigK

Private Member
@Plasterers1StopShop
Or anybody know if they are still producing the original??
The MK2 doesn't seem to be the same to me, seems to either peel or tear if your on it too early or late for me at least, end up using more water.
I thought they were the same apart from the tape used.
I just thought it was me being a dick, but I picked up a mark one locally and it was a dream in comparison.
So have they stopped making them or have I to round up all I see in the shops lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a new boxed mark 1 knocking about.
It's a 16" and was a replacement for the faulty one that fell apart.

I'll have it if you're getting rid [emoji23]

The MK1 and MKII is exactly the same mate. No difference in the steel or manufacturing apart from a grinding process which improves performance from the box. Potentially the rounded corners?

Only difference is the bonding and tape

Right, that's sound Ryan.
I can only put it down to more recent warmer temps and stuff drying rather than setting coinciding with me using the mark 1.
Will get the pair out tomorrow and use them side by side if anything to protect my sanity.

Right, that's sound Ryan.
I can only put it down to more recent warmer temps and stuff drying rather than setting coinciding with me using the mark 1.
Will get the pair out tomorrow and use them side by side if anything to protect my sanity.

I wouldn't imagine it was an original MK1 that you have mate. They stopped making them years ago I think

Not original for sure.
Same as say 12 months ago....

I would have to have a look for sure, but I think the reinforcing plate is longer on the newer models making them more sturdy at the ends.

I would have to have a look for sure, but I think the reinforcing plate is longer on the newer models making them more sturdy at the ends.
@Plasterers1StopShop
Or anybody know if they are still producing the original??
The MK2 doesn't seem to be the same to me, seems to either peel or tear if your on it too early or late for me at least, end up using more water.
I thought they were the same apart from the tape used.
I just thought it was me being a dick, but I picked up a mark one locally and it was a dream in comparison.
So have they stopped making them or have I to round up all I see in the shops lol

For me the mark 1 are well better than 2 but we're told there the same !

Tried them today side by side, certainly a difference was going to make a vid but hadn't time.
It must be the grinding process spoke about on MK2 that makes the difference.
MK one all day long for me

Wow another version. I have the mk1, mk2 and the Medi would be happy to test out the mk3 [emoji6]

I'm currently looking for a new one but unsure to get the medi flex or a nelaflex, was going to order one but didn't want to start a new thread asking, can you help me Ryan?

Bought a mediflex yesterday, testing it tomorrow. Bought from Romford tools. They wouldn't replace my mk1 super flex though @Plasterers1StopShop , said to contact you even though I bought it from them, I've lost the receipt (size of a postage stamp). @Plasterers1StopShop did offer to replace it but I would need to post it back to them even though I live 10 mins from Romford tools :baaa:

image.jpg

I'm currently looking for a new one but unsure to get the medi flex or a nelaflex, was going to order one but didn't want to start a new thread asking, can you help me Ryan?

The NELAFLEX MKII continues to be our biggest seller. The MediFLEX is quickly growing in popularity. Its a hard one for me to advise to be honest, but, due to the reviews and sales I would say the NELAFLEX would be the most popular

Bought a mediflex yesterday, testing it tomorrow. Bought from Romford tools. They wouldn't replace my mk1 super flex though @Plasterers1StopShop , said to contact you even though I bought it from them, I've lost the receipt (size of a postage stamp). @Plasterers1StopShop did offer to replace it but I would need to post it back to them even though I live 10 mins from Romford tools :baaa:

Hi mate,

We will replace it for you, no worries. We just need it back so we can claim our end also

Hi mate,

We will replace it for you, no worries. We just need it back so we can claim our end also

Thanks Ryan, it's almost dead but need to get a replacement before I replace it if that makes sense. Did a bush repair on it but intend to get another 18" worn in before I send the 14" mark1 to the p1ss graveyard in the sky :numberone:

I need a new Nela s*p*r*lex. Went up to Blackpool to pick up a table. Nela was in a builders bucket with my churn brush. I took it out when getting the table in the van. Left it on the side of the road. Gutted. Just what I'm used to finishing with, now. Hope the Mark II compares.