NELA s*p*r*lex Trowel review

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats why i'm sticking with them Ryan, they feel amazing and need time. They feel alot better than that eze spat thats why i'll give them more of a chance :RpS_biggrin:

Pleased to hear it mate. Strange how some love one things and others don't. Really niche market we are all in!

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

What size was it. I have the 600 I think anything bigger is to much.

think it was 4ft one, but after using the refina s*p*r*lex and nela supeflex i found that when new they all leave the finish with that wetty look, so maybe should have given it a bit longer ....

i gave the nela s*p*r*lex another twirl today and I am beginning to like it. agree with johndoe that it leaves lines, though. couldn't use straight out the box. had to use the oilstone but will still require more time. love the feel of it. lovely weight. and i find the handle nice and grippy. all i've been using are the two refina s*p*r*lex so will take a day or two to re-adjust. it will find a place somewhere. used the plastic trowel from plasters1stopshop today. wow. an eye opener. looked like something my lad had made in woodwork when i unwrapped it. but is superb. loved it. fantastic on hand turned coving. and i got that little flexi precise float. unreal. how the hell i have got to this age without one i don't know. so flexible.

Haven't used my plaggy in a while but found it good doing the underneath of staircases where we've chicken wired and bonded it (nothing flat)

I reckon those finding the s/f leaves lines or gives it a '' wet look '' are getting on it too early... like i said, Ive never used one before, so have been experimenting and taking advice off a couple of gays on here..lol... got it sorted now, after 2 days.. if you get lines or the wet look... its no problem, just leave it 10-15 mins, then get on it again, johndoe.. gives me the same finish as using my normal stainless finishing trowel mate.. but trowelling up is way less effort, and what is mad is, Im getting finished a lot earlier aswell. to be honest, wasnt too keen on the edges with the standard trowel when first used it, but a little wet n dry and its a beautiful trowel... the s/f definately doesnt need wearing in, in my opinion.... Id say keep going with it mate, Im in sheffield by the way and your more than welcome to pop over john... theres maybe someone on here nearer, sure they would help out....

Got 1 premium trowel and one s*p*r*lex due for delivery on tuesday.

Been reading all great reviews.
Hope I get on with them like everyone else has

rub the premium trowel edges down mate, 5 mins with wet and dry, and there sorted... trowel straight up with them, s*p*r*lex is good straight out the box..

After reading a million different opinions on the nela s*p*r*lex, I am going to purchase and try out for myself what everyone is raving about and looking forward to it! Discount code would also be appreciated.

After reading a million different opinions on the nela s*p*r*lex, I am going to purchase and try out for myself what everyone is raving about and looking forward to it! Discount code would also be appreciated.

Type 'p1ss my pants' when it asks for discount code and you get 20% off.

Hi mate,

Unfortunately the discounts only applied at the start of the launch. They are now at the correct price and nothing can really be done with regards to discounts.

Ryan

image.jpg

Been using this trowel on and off for past month, My method is 2 coat wall with mt, flatten with mt then 2 goes with nela s*p*r*lex and a hard with mt...

I love how the trowel feels and glides over wall, But upon inspecting walls and feeling everywhere there is the odd bump that the nelajust glides over rather than the mt would remove being more rigid...

All work carried out on new builds and removed bumps with my mt, So not sure if its my timing? as walls are flat before nela gets used?

Was back on mt today and walls were perfect but missed holding nela in my hand

I would disagree Ryan, mine were both good straight from new, obviously better after time, but no problem from new... and apparently the new premium is wore in even better than the original..

Cheers Craig, your right about the new Premium though. It is even better.

The reason we now say it still requires breaking in, is because it will take time for it to become the perfect trowel fully broken in for people. We just don't want people thinking it will be the same as the 7 year old MT straight away

After another T Shirt or Christmas freebies Craig now you've finished looting Refina??? Perhaps a Christmas Video to go with it??? :rolleyes)
:RpS_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.